Just Say “NO” to 40

2»

Replies

• LJRS2019
    LJRS2019 Posts: 66 Member
    I say yes to all of this. In particular, the guns.
  • RivaDixon
    RivaDixon Posts: 5 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!You look awesome, the smile says it all. Inspiring
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    God I feel like such an old woman here but the first thing I noticed was your handsome smile.

Lmao.

Great job!!!!

Me too!! I was like wow, look at that smile. Beautiful teeth!

Good job on the weight loss, also!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Wow great work!!
  • lmardiapoulle
    lmardiapoulle Posts: 1 Member
    Awesome bro...can you please give more details like your diet and workout
  • beachbody4l
    beachbody4l Posts: 208 Member
    The change is noticeable not just in your body but your smile too. You killed it!
  • dux1fan
    dux1fan Posts: 65 Member
    Wow! This transformation shows a lot of dedication and commitment! Kudos!
  • giovannipacialeo
    giovannipacialeo Posts: 1 Member
    Great Result...I had the same problem of overweight but now I turned in normal shape...the only point is the fat on my belly...seems always the same...some advice?
  • MrAcavano
    MrAcavano Posts: 198 Member
    Congrats man. That is a great transformation. The decade markers are a good time to take stock. Looks like I’m going to have to wait until I’m 50.
  • butler879
    butler879 Posts: 64 Member

Great Result...I had the same problem of overweight but now I turned in normal shape...the only point is the fat on my belly...seems always the same...some advice?

Just have to get leaner. I struggle with the very bottom portion of my stomach. It’s just wear the fat likes to store itself. No way to target it, just reduce the body fat percentage.
  • butler879
    butler879 Posts: 64 Member
    Awesome bro...can you please give more details like your diet and workout

I didn’t do anything outside of normal. I do normal Body Building strength training. Some high reps. Some low reps high weight. I do try to do at least one big Strength movement usually at the beginning of any workout. Squats, Deadlifts, stand shoulder press, bench, ect.

On the diet piece I just used this app to balance macros. Got rid of anything that wasn’t water, black tea, or black coffee. A normal day would like like Oatmeal w/ brown sugars and raspberry & Blueberry. Then mid morning 5 egg whites with one full egg. Lunch would be 2 thick slices of turkey and ham deli meat. Raw carrots and a 50 calorie apple sauce. Lunch snake would be low sodium rice cake with one packet of almond butter. Dinner would be baked chicken and vegetables. Depending on the intensity of workout day, I would add rice.

On my rest day, I would be avoiding carbs all together.
  • starrjulia8
    starrjulia8 Posts: 552 Member
    edited August 2020
    One year and one day till 40. I am prepping to be 40 and fabulous! Looking very good and very inspiring.
  • what a handsome chap. well done on the weightloss :)
  • MiNinaLisa
    MiNinaLisa Posts: 648 Member
    well done. AND we have the same haircut! :D
  • DavidJCrabb
    DavidJCrabb Posts: 1 Member
    That does it. I am definitely getting an Android phone. It makes you look a lot thinner.

They should put that in the ads.
  • JFKoskey
    JFKoskey Posts: 5 Member
    You look great! Great Job! I'm 6 months away from 60 and struggling to lose 45 lbs myself. Believe me, the longer you keep yourself healthy and in shape, the easier it is to stay that way as you get older. I was doing OK until I got involved with a stressful family situation 10 years ago and a new job 3 years ago that became really stressful. Then two years ago, tech school for IT Certifications while dealing with a very mentally ill stepson who is also addicted to crack, and a friend who needed to get mental health care herself. That two year period did so much damage to me. I've been up and down in my weight all my life. When something happens that causes me to be sedentary, I put weight on fast and it takes a long time to get it off. All the stress I was under also caused terrible insomnia that really caused the weight to pile on with only getting 3 to 4 hours of badly interrupted sleep each night. Now, the weight is finally starting to move the needle in the right direction since I've been logging with MyFitnessPal and I let go of the bad relationships I could. My work is easier due to a shortened work week since COVID started and I've been getting more sleep. I hope to have some good results to post here soon myself. Again, You look great! Quite an accomplishment! Congratulations!
  • MadisonAve2020
    MadisonAve2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Great Job - Kudos to you!!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    You've done an amazing job! I set out to make 44 MY year. I am making lifestyle changes that I will keep going with and am striving to get to as close to my goal weight as possible by my 45th birthday.
  • brendog79
    brendog79 Posts: 60 Member
    I'm 41 and after 13 years of not caring how I looked i reached my breaking point. i had just gained 12 lbs in 2 weeks to reach 382lbs. I was told I probably had sleep apnea. I kept waking up every hr to 1.5 hrs and would eat a lot of times after getting up for the 3rd time. I dealt with this for at least 6 to 8 months. I had very low energy and caffeine wasn't even helping. I would get out of breath just walking back from the car. I was not a cook and just started looking into nutrition. I didn't have money for a personal trainer or transportation to the gym. But I was on a mission to make the weight come off and live healthier. The first 16 days i lost 26lbs just dieting. After a month I had lost 32 lbs. The next two week I only lost 3 lbs. I told a coworker that I lost 32lbs in a month and she thought that was being lazy by not working out. She said I should ride a bike. I could only walk for about 20 min at the most. I was still 350 lbs. I realized that I hadn't really done anything. I started logging on mfp for the last 45 days and can now walk for up to 80 min. I walk briskly for at least 50 min everyday and have stayed away from pizza and Pasta which is hard because I work at a pizza buffet. Im down 67 lbs to 315 now in only 3 months. Im driving to lose another 90 lbs or more in 9 months to get to my goal of 225 lbs and am not letting anything stop me.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Wow,😲 you look terrific
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!