Small steps to succes

Sometimes I have to step back from this app, and from myself, and remember to be kind to myself. Although I have big goals to lose weight there’s no rush. Today I realized how much of a step towards a healthy lifestyle I’ve taken even if I had to take break from it all this week. A year ago today I could run 3.3 miles in an hour, fast forward to today I can run 4.25 miles. It’s still not as fast as I should be able to run but it’s something I didn’t realize I could achieve in one year. And although I’ve gotten into a slump, this small realization made me realize that patience is really the name of the game here and I’m happy to get back to it next week after my small break of being kind to myself. I hope this post made sense to someone, I’m honestly just writing thoughts. Anyways be kind to yourself everyone, stay healthy and have a wonderful day :)

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    That's a great insight: Weight management and fitness are both about the long game.

Wishing you continued success! :flowerforyou:
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    What a great reminder that every step forward is a step in the right direction. It is also an important reminder that this is a marathon rather than a sprint. Keep going as you can do this!
  • huggit
    huggit Posts: 32 Member
    Thank you needed to read this today! You are so right, small steps towards bigger goals!
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    You so right. I lost and kept off six stone for years, but just recently half a stone has crept back on. In reality My bmi is healthy, not over weight but I would like to lose the half a stone and get back to where I was. However, it’s so difficult! Yesterday I realised that whilst I get disappointed with half a pound loss, actually with my increased exercise (I’ve started running, my resting heart rate has decreased, I feel better in myself and my clothes are that bit more comfortable. So I need to realise that that is a win and to not focus so much on the scales.
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Well said. Self care ❤ is big.