Celebrating 1 year lactose intolerance

Options
alexmose
alexmose Posts: 792 Member
Jk I’m not celebrating :( I still eat some dairy with the pills but I’m starting to realize that they aren’t so helpful as they used to be. Currently looking to return my two tubs of whey and casein protein powders as they give me that lethargic/brain fog after I eat them. Sigh*. Anyone else develop lactose intolerance as an adult? I’m 23.

Replies

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yeah, lactose intolerance sucks. I developed it in my 30s. Regular protein powders do horrible things to my digestion. Pea protein and hemp protein are so far winners for me. I miss cottage cheese. Even the ‘lactose free’ kind still messes me up. I haven’t heard of the brain fog. What is that like?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Don't know if I developed it or always had it and never noticed? I'm not diagnosed, btw. I just made the switch to lactose-free dairy products late last summer. My GI tract and everyone else's noses are thankful.

I never tried the pills, just switched "cold turkey."

Have you talked to your doctor or nutritionist about it, @alexmose?

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Don't know if I developed it or always had it and never noticed? I'm not diagnosed, btw. I just made the switch to lactose-free dairy products late last summer. My GI tract and everyone else's noses are thankful.

I never tried the pills, just switched "cold turkey."

Have you talked to your doctor or nutritionist about it, @alexmose?

Have not officially chatted with anyone as I don’t really think there are reliable tests out there for food intolerances, right?
    Yeah, lactose intolerance sucks. I developed it in my 30s. Regular protein powders do horrible things to my digestion. Pea protein and hemp protein are so far winners for me. I miss cottage cheese. Even the ‘lactose free’ kind still messes me up. I haven’t heard of the brain fog. What is that like?

Brain fog is just the feeling of tiredness and inability to focus really.