Low-Fat Recipes

Options
99ccsoftball
99ccsoftball Posts: 3 Member
Need ANY low-fat recipes! (preferably dessert, but I will take any)

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake is fat free. Macaroons, meringue, and divinity are low fat (or fat-free).

https://www.tasteofhome.com/healthy-eating/low-fat-recipes/low-fat-dessert-recipes/
  • KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    🎉
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all "culinary" fruits are very low in fat. (Olives and avocados, which are fruits, botanically speaking, have plenty of fat, but most people don't think of them as fruits for the purposes of cooking -- although I've used avocado in puddings [U.S. meaning of puddings -- not sure what they're called in other English-speaking countries -- similar in texture to custard or mousse, but traditionally thickened with cornstarch when made from scratch]).

Anyway, a nice bowl of fruit (if you're in the Northern hemisphere temperate zone, I'd recommend a mix of berries and stone fruit this time of year), topped with low-fat or nonfat yogurt, sweetened with honey or whatever you like if you're using unsweetened plain yogurt, is yummy, and I find it pretty filling for the calories. This time of year I often have a big bowl of fruit and yogurt for breakfast, and 200 calories of that leaves me really full.