Oh god I binged! I destroyed everything!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder..... I often doze off while scrolling the boards. And because I’m right handed, I jerk awake to find my finger in that area.

Maybe I’m a conginetal narcoleptic disagreer? If it’s me, mega apologies.

Then it would be the fault of boring posters. If I am boring you into disagreement I apologize.

Here is an interesting tidbit... last Thursday I executed a overfeed to help offset the energy crash from the week before. I finished the day at approximately 6775 calories. My average TDEE is about 4000 calories so there was no doubt I was well above my maintenance. My fitness watch showed me 1000 calories in burn above normal and my steps were 35k which is my highest since I began tracking. It is possible my non step related NEAT was much higher that day too. In other words my calories spiked but so did my EE which offset some of the "damage."
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder..... I often doze off while scrolling the boards. And because I’m right handed, I jerk awake to find my finger in that area.

Then it would be the fault of boring posters. If I am boring you into disagreement I apologize.

Here is an interesting tidbit... last Thursday I executed a overfeed to help offset the energy crash from the week before. I finished the day at approximately 6775 calories. My average TDEE is about 4000 calories so there was no doubt I was well above my maintenance. My fitness watch showed me 1000 calories in burn above normal and my steps were 35k which is my highest since I began tracking. It is possible my non step related NEAT was much higher that day too. In other words my calories spiked but so did my EE which offset some of the "damage."

I think that's a normal part of why these effects happen, probably - though your after-energy is probably on the higher-drama end of the scale. Generally, though, the day after a big overage for me is one where I record a somewhat higher than normal resting heart rate. Li'l ol' lady that I am, overeating sometimes involved more hot flashes than normal, too. Tiny, tiny individual things. ;)
    yirara wrote: »
    There's always someone who disagrees @AnnPT77 It's as if we have people who follow everything we write and just hit Disagree out of spite :D Edit: mind you, I got 4 big fat disagrees in the opening post :D
    Actually, I might be a wee bit lower tomorrow even, considering how often I still went to the loo today. We'll see.

It'll be interesting to hear whether that happens. Wouldn't be surprised!

Truly, sometimes I think we do occasionally get "disagree stalkers" - once in a while, it's seemed there was a pattern. I'd say something on a thread that really hacked someone off (usually over in Debate ;) ), then for a while a surprising percentage of my totally inoccuous replies on other posts would be "Disagree"-d, often happening around the same time of day - like overnight while I was asleep, as if in a different time zone. Then it would drop off again after a bit.

But there's a certain amount of accidental disagrees: I've done it myself.

I commented on the one on your post here because this is a case where if there's a skeptic, we should push back a bit IMO. This stuff actually happens. Bodies are weird!

:lol:

Heh. As with Yirara, a disagree or two doesn't bother me, but when I accumulate several on one post, I do give some thought to whether I said something that was either incorrect, or objectively offensive. I don't think the one-sy two-sy ones should bother anyone, unless it triggers them to realize they were actually somehow in the wrong.

I like the "congenital narcoleptic disagreer" concept. It would make a nice t-shirt. ;)