Fitbit help

Options
So when I joined this group years ago I had a fitbit. One of the 1st ones I guess cannot remember the name of it. I bought a new fitbit that I have had for about 8 months or so and I cannot get it to sync to track my exercise like my old one. On this site it says I am linked and connected but I cannot figure out why my exercise will not transfer to here. Please help I have a Versa.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,294 Member
    Options
    Do you belong to the Fitbit group here on MFP? They have lots of FAQs about diagnosing and fixing problems, plus you can ask questions directly to other users there.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for it it add your specific workouts to your mfp diary? Like If you went for a run; you want to see a run entry on mfp? Because it doesn’t do that (and hasn’t since at least sometime in 2014 when I first linked mine-not sure about anything before that).

If you have an entry in your diary for your Fitbit adjustment (it will show a total number of steps) then you are linked up and you are getting credit for the calories burned in your workouts (and otherwise).

For whatever reason, Fitbit doesn’t transfer unique workout entries over to mfp so if you want to have a post on your newsfeed, you’ll have to create a generic status of your own (don’t manually enter the workout on mfp (with any number of calories or time) as that will cause issues with the calculations and the adjustment will get messed up).