Share your successes with me! (Motivation Thread)

Options
Jess2Success
Jess2Success Posts: 12 Member
In December 2018 (17 months ago) I was obese, unconfident and unhealthy. I couldn’t walk 1 km on the flat. I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror and I hated buying clothes and meeting new people for fear of what they would think of me. I would never wear fitting tops or dresses, anything sleeveless or anything above my knees. I had been through 19 years struggling with an ED and body dysmorphia. At that point I had literally given up trying to change myself or become healthy.

About a month ago I weighed in at my doctor and clocked 50 pounds (around 23kgs lost). The person I was 17 months ago wouldn’t recognise the person I am today. Last week I did a 13km hike up a mountain. I was the first to the top and still could have easily continued on. Next week I’m doing it again because it was so much fun. I enjoy doing 45 minutes of strength training every other day to build and tone my muscles. I’m enjoying maintaining my weight and building muscle25m2ctlebovu.jpeg
. I wear short shorts and singlets and can’t wait to wear my first bikini in a decade this summer.

I’ve been there. I’ve been hopeless. I’ve given up 1000 times. I’ve tried 1000000 diets. I’ve started 1000000 exercise regimens. For those of you who are where I was I understand completely.

So I ask those of us who have gotten or almost gotten where we want to get, let’s encourage those starting out with our success stories! If we can do it, you can too.

Replies

• mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    In December 2018 (17 months ago) I was obese, unconfident and unhealthy. I couldn’t walk 1 km on the flat. I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror and I hated buying clothes and meeting new people for fear of what they would think of me. I would never wear fitting tops or dresses, anything sleeveless or anything above my knees. I had been through 19 years struggling with an ED and body dysmorphia. At that point I had literally given up trying to change myself or become healthy.

About a month ago I weighed in at my doctor and clocked 50 pounds (around 23kgs lost). The person I was 17 months ago wouldn’t recognise the person I am today. Last week I did a 13km hike up a mountain. I was the first to the top and still could have easily continued on. Next week I’m doing it again because it was so much fun. I enjoy doing 45 minutes of strength training every other day to build and tone my muscles. I’m enjoying maintaining my weight and building muscle25m2ctlebovu.jpeg
    . I wear short shorts and singlets and can’t wait to wear my first bikini in a decade this summer.

I’ve been there. I’ve been hopeless. I’ve given up 1000 times. I’ve tried 1000000 diets. I’ve started 1000000 exercise regimens. For those of you who are where I was I understand completely.

So I ask those of us who have gotten or almost gotten where we want to get, let’s encourage those starting out with our success stories! If we can do it, you can too.

Thank you so much for posting this! I was 270lb and now in the middle of the journey I reached 225lb give up many times and get back to work hoping to go below 170lb by the end of this year 🤞
    Start my journey November 4th 2019....
  • Anniejazz
    Anniejazz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I returned to weight training and cycling a month ago. I'm starting to lose fat (no weight lost but girth reducing) and I'm determined to carry on. Your story has inspired me
  • tallbilltuba1223
    tallbilltuba1223 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would like to know what specific exercises you are doing? Cardio, weights,.....how oftern I am 71
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!