The Final Straw ( or in this case....button).

Options
I have had more than a few "aha" moments over the decades. However, I think this is the final one. I was tired of feeling like I've worked out when all I did was hold my breath to tie my shoes. I was tired of going up the stairs at work and having the phone have the horrible timing to ring as I enter my office. Nothing causes panic like trying not to sound like an obscene phone caller to a client, and speaking in an unnatural stilted way between gasps for air.. wonderful....But, the best one ( and final straw) was when my overflowing belly just couldn't be contained in my jeans, not even as a muffintop. Instead, by the end of the workday, the button had carved a hole into my flab. A very sensitive, painful sore that required a band-aid on it for well over a week (just to be tolerated, not healed). Meanwhile, it caused nonstop pain and frustration. It hurt all day long ( no matter what I wore, the button or waistline rubbed and pressed against it) Even a skirt has a waist, so does underwear. Pretty sure you can't go to work bottomless....last I checked. So, since I didn't have the money for new clothes or the desire to invest in larger clothes, weight loss was the answer. I have over a hundred pounds to get rid of. Message delivered, and point made, by a little metal button.I plan on cutting that button off of those jeans, and placing it in a prominent place in my house where it can act as a reminder that excessive weight will affect your physical well being ( obviously in greater ways...diabetes, heart issues, etc) and overall comfort level. That was just my wake up call.