What is your biggest struggle

Options
2»

Replies

• chabr38
    chabr38 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Eating at night, sweets, and alcohol. The party is always at my place.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Waking up a few hours after going to bed and eating food is my current struggle. I try to factor that into my calories by reserving some for frozen fruit, but I get cravings for bread and that does me in. It's a work in progress.
  • AuntThelma
    AuntThelma Posts: 4,468 Member
    Options
    Wine. I really like wine. And cheese. Cheese is good food, but so heavy. Difficult to have one bite.

And wine, too.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,483 Member
    Options
    I hadn’t seen chocolate pizelle cookies in years. Ran into some last week, thought “Oh ho!!!, acceptable calories!”, reverted to Old Me and bought every last packet.

Was still in Old Me mode on the drive home and scarfed down three servings.

Now they are sitting my pantry, beckoning to me. Can’t bear to give them away, can’t trust myself to open them.

Ditto the kefir cake I made yesterday . Stood at the counter joyfully stuffing two servings into my face.

My biggest struggle is rinse and repeat. ^^^

I can shuffle calories and make it work, which is good, but I still get frustrated with myself for caving in, which is bad.

Wish I could find a common denominator. Have a box of Trader Joe’s Lemon Thins I would normally eat in one sitting. Have been very mindfully getting 3 every night for my evening lemon pudding and not touching the rest.

Chocolate, I suspect YOU.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    My current struggle is my energy management. I seem to have found myself in a very active phase of my existence after years of being sedentary and I am having a hard time recognizing when I need to eat more food. My fitness watch does a good job if my activity is exercise related but lately I have been house/lawn active which has thrown a new wrench into my calorie needs.

It sounds like a good problem to have but feeling poorly from low energy is quite miserable. I am learning I can no longer weight for the scale to help me determine my TDEE because I do not have all the fat stores to protect me like I once did.

I’m with you on that. I’m more active during lock down, been doing some longish bike rides that need proper fuelling else I feel quite unwell after. And want to eat all the things. Maybe I need to get a fitness watch. I’ve resisted the idea before, not sure why.