Counting calories is 'virtually meaningless'. Huh?!

2»

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    What I heard yesterday, you might be able to lose weight counting calories, but you will most likely gain it all back soon, and probably more. To "properly" lose weight, eat 3 grams of lean protein for every pound you want to weigh...so if your goal is 200 lbs, then eat 600 grams of lean protein every day, eat only whole grains...but never after noon...and then some fibrous vegetables as much as you want. Apparently, it's the only way to be successful.

So, I've been doing it all wrong.
  • jovalleau
    jovalleau Posts: 127 Member
    Daily Mail for the whoops!

just want to say that i love your profile pic.

Dayman!

Aawwwwaaaaa!
  • jaqian
    jaqian Posts: 7
    DailyMail is a rag, don't pay any attention to it.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    The Daily Fail is virtually meaningless.
  • TimeWillTell2
    TimeWillTell2 Posts: 126 Member
    3 grams of lean protein for every pound - that's a lot of lean protein! For me it would be 390 grams.....I'll stick to counting calories too!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Yeah, well I'm not eating my food raw. I'll stick to my "meaningless" 67 pounds lost.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    From the article:
    The calorie content of protein has also been exaggerated by up to 20 per cent because the current system does not take into account the extra energy used in chewing.

I searched and searched and couldn't find the entry in the MFP database for "Cardio - Chewing Food." I really want to eat those calories back...

And can I count bringing the fork to my mouth as heavy lifting?