Virtual Medals Anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• snaxandpop
    snaxandpop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My sister and I teamed up for a virtual "race" across America. Race is in quotes because our team name is The Sloths and we're mostly walking it, with a bit of stationary biking thrown in. We've calculated that we'll finish the 3,521 miles some time in 2024. Pricing is $70, $50, or $30. We chose the middle one to get the medal. (The highest rate includes a shirt, and the lowest rate does not include a medal or shirt). So far, after 2 1/2 weeks we're 67 miles in. :smile: The link is: https://runtheedge.com/pages/amerithon

Big goals! So fantastic
  • snaxandpop
    Options
    marikaCL wrote: »
    Love a good virtual run. Working on two of the conqueror challenges ATM and have another ordered for the queen's jubilee.

Love rokman challenges as well

I will have to look those up. Good for you, staying active in these times is sometimes hard. Its awesome that you are working on multiple goals at the same time.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I did a Michael Myers one for Halloween and it was a blast! They said it was the virtual run they had the most participants for ever. I'm excited to do it again this fall, I just need to order my shirt right away so it arrives in time for Halloween this time! :)
  • ehju0901
    Options
    My sister and I teamed up for a virtual "race" across America. Race is in quotes because our team name is The Sloths and we're mostly walking it, with a bit of stationary biking thrown in. We've calculated that we'll finish the 3,521 miles some time in 2024. Pricing is $70, $50, or $30. We chose the middle one to get the medal. (The highest rate includes a shirt, and the lowest rate does not include a medal or shirt). So far, after 2 1/2 weeks we're 67 miles in. :smile: The link is: https://runtheedge.com/pages/amerithon

This is super intriguing! I may need to think about doing this as well, but I'd probably need to invest in a treadmill or gym membership for the winter months. :tongue:
  • snaxandpop
    edited April 2022
    Options
    ehju0901 wrote: »
    I did a Michael Myers one for Halloween and it was a blast! They said it was the virtual run they had the most participants for ever. I'm excited to do it again this fall, I just need to order my shirt right away so it arrives in time for Halloween this time! :)

That sounds like so much fun! Maybe you could post a pic of the medal if you received one.
  • snaxandpop
    Options

This is super intriguing! I may need to think about doing this as well, but I'd probably need to invest in a treadmill or gym membership for the winter months. :tongue:

Thats alot of miles, and really awesome! So fun to do it with someone too.
  • ehju0901
    Options
    snaxandpop wrote: »

That sounds like so much fun! Maybe you could post a pic of the medal if you received one.

Late response, but here it is!

https://halloween.medaldash.com/

Love the shirt as well, I think this year I will order one size larger since I like my shirts a little longer. :)
  • quilt938
    quilt938 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just found out about these challenges and bought some on Pacer and have several I want to try on conqueror. I think I'm doing Pacer London first as it's 13 miles and I'm a beginner LOL! just did a 1 mile walk from someone on youtube so 1 down and 12 to go! I don't think pacer does the virtual postcards but haven't tried it yet.
  • snaxandpop
    Options
    quilt938 wrote: »
    I just found out about these challenges and bought some on Pacer and have several I want to try on conqueror. I think I'm doing Pacer London first as it's 13 miles and I'm a beginner LOL! just did a 1 mile walk from someone on youtube so 1 down and 12 to go! I don't think pacer does the virtual postcards but haven't tried it yet.

Just saw you user name, do you quilt? On the victuals, no need to burn yourself out, slow and steady not only wins the race but builds confidence, stamina and anticipation for what's to come.
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 801 Member
    Options

Hows your progress? It's almost 2024 👏🏽