Looking for calculation help!

Options
I started becoming more conscious of what I eat and exercising early last month and lost 13 lbs. I started Insanity and the numbers went up a bit, which I've heard is normal. I'm not worried about it, I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of my work out, and I'm not sure that I am. I'm new to macros, TDEE, etc. and would like to learn more.

I'm 23, female, 5'4", currently 190 lbs. My BMI is somewhere around 32-33%. My goals are to lose as much fat as possible, because I know I have muscle underneath. I have an athletic build and when I work out, it's easy for my muscles to seem bigger, but I retain the fat. I want to eat and train to lose fat. I don't care about what weight I'm at when I lose the fat, just want to trim down. My diary is open and I know I don't eat nearly as healthy as I should. That's what this thread is about... trying to gain some knowledge on what program is best for me and start implementing. I believe that I can eat what I want for the most part as long as I stay within my calorie "budget" but I'd like to learn about macros and becoming more accurate.

MPF started me out at 1200 net calories daily but since I started Insanity last week, I'm thinking maybe that should change. I don't want my metabolism to slow, it's slow enough already! Also thinking about adding weight training, as I'm hearing that can increase fat loss. I tried creating a custom goal plan on MPF but I want to do what's right. There's tons and tons of information out there about different plans and things you can do, what you should do vs shouldn't do... Too much for me to sort through. Maybe I should go to a nutritionist and have them tell me? Hoping all of you dedicated MPFer's can give me some tips as well.

Feel free to add me if you like, I'm happy to add new friends. And thank you in advance for all of your advice!

Replies