Mood changes

Options
Hey all!

Has anyone else experienced initial mood changes after cutting calories and some unhealthy foods? I've found I'm a bit irritable and stressed at some times, but nothing extreme. I just began about a week ago. My guess was that my body may be adjusting to a fairly sudden change in diet.

Replies

• nmgu
    nmgu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yup. But I was starting keto so it was a bad physical shock. If you’re only cutting calories but keeping your macros the same you’ll likely be hungry and your brain will object. It’ll object no matter what.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Aggressive cutting of calories, poor nutrition and/or getting super lean can all alter moods. How low are your calories?
  • PenguinDreamer879
    PenguinDreamer879 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Aggressive cutting of calories, poor nutrition and/or getting super lean can all alter moods. How low are your calories?

I'm at 1500 calories per day right now. I'm currently working on finding the best foods so that I feel full and satisfied
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Yes. But I was more depressed than irritated. A walk outside helped some.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

I'm at 1500 calories per day right now. I'm currently working on finding the best foods so that I feel full and satisfied

In general terms, that is pretty low for a male. What are your stats? Do you exercise? How much protein and fat are you consuming? Can you open your diary?