I have a goal. I have a time frame. I have a jar of dirt.

hawkeye45_
hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
If you wanna play Two Truths and a Lie, I will refer you to the title. Otherwise, hi! I'm a 6'1" sedentary dispatcher who is only three weeks along what I call The Plan™. SW: 347.2 CW: 337.6 GW: 299.9 by December.

Why December? My 30th birthday is in that month, and I want to start that era of my life under 300 pounds. I have future goals, but I can't let myself daydream. I need to stay laser focused on what's in front of me.

I started on May 06 by almost completely quitting sodas (only had one since then), tracking my calories, 16/8 intermittent fasting, and lots of walking. I've put in 19,000-step days already. Walking is getting boring for me because I live in an area that you don't just go explore. If the land, tree, or water snakes don't get you, then the murder hornets will.

But for now, I'm trying to help myself walk to under 300 pounds. Once we get there, we'll talk about jogging.

Replies

• CMillikan08
    CMillikan08 Posts: 45 Member
    Birthday goals are great 👍🏻 However, I would suggest adding in weight training. Building more muscle=burning more calories at rest. Proven to help sustain weight loss efforts and avoid plateaus 😊 feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I’d love to cheer you on to your goal.
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Birthday goals are great 👍🏻 However, I would suggest adding in weight training. Building more muscle=burning more calories at rest. Proven to help sustain weight loss efforts and avoid plateaus 😊 feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I’d love to cheer you on to your goal.

I'll gladly take as many friends (and as much cheering on) as I can get. Also I'd love to get back into the gym and into a power rack, but the two free gyms provided by my work place are closed "until further notice." I'm still on the fence about signing up at another gym because I just don't know when the free ones will reopen.