possible to lose 15-20lbs in 2 weeks?

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I might just have to stay away from the forums today...they are full of ridiculous...more than usual.

Don't be stupid OP...that's all I can add.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna get flack for this. Technically, yes it is possible. In the show "Extreme Weight Loss" they lose like 100 pounds in 90 days.

HOWEVER these people are morbidly obese at that point in time (you are not), they are exercising for 4 hours a day (you are not) and they are under close nutritional and physical examination (you are not). All these make it easier to lose weight faster, and safely.

So, possible? Yes. Possible for you? No way in hell. You will be lucky to lose 5 pounds in those 2 weeks. Don't be an idiot, be healthy.

So in other words DON'T EVEN TRY, YOU WILL PROBABLY END UP KILLING YOURSELF.
    Isn't that show a year, not 3 mos?
  • redpandapop
    redpandapop Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have lost 10 pounds in two weeks. But it was mostly water weight and is not permanent.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    crack, meth and body part removal. Otherwise, no.
  • Pugwash4x4
    Pugwash4x4 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I lost 24lb in 2 weeks within the last month.

It helps if you weight 360lb to start with, have a basic metabolic need of 3,200 calories, are capable and comfortable exercising, and get setup a calorie deficit of over 2,500cals per day.

However of the 24lb I lost, around 8lb is probably water, the balance was probably due to having put a few lbs on quite quickly, and I was happy to put myself on a Very low calorie diet.

I'll start properly exercising again in about a month, and will continue to lose 3-4lb of fat per week, but will add 1-2lb of muscle mass per week to it will reduce quite quickly.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound mean... but....

LOL

There's no chance in hell.
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    Not healthily....there is NO way!
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but EXTREMELY unhealthy and not recommended. Your body would likely be in starvation mode. The most I've done (in an unhealthy master cleanse way) was about 10 lbs in 2 weeks. I do not recommend it.

This^^^^ but I lost 10lbs in 5 days (Master Cleanse):huh:
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Only if you start off weighing 350 pounds, which, from your photo you do not.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Sure you could.

To lose 15lb you need to create a deficit of 52,500 calories over the two weeks. That equates to 3750 cals a day.

So basically, your TDEE at sedentary level I worked out to be around 2100 (based on a guess of your height).

So to lose that 15lb, you need to exercise off 1650 cals a day and don't eat a thing. Like, a single thing.

Good luck. :indifferent:
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    The most i've lost in 2 weeks is 10lbs.. and it's because i'm really fat so it comes off easier rather than someone who is smaller. Pretty much if i do anything i lose weight. So.... like people say... unless you are starving yourself and working out like mad or lose a limb than it's pretty impossible.
  • action_figure
    Options
    I lost 24lb in 2 weeks within the last month.

It helps if you weight 360lb to start with, have a basic metabolic need of 3,200 calories, are capable and comfortable exercising, and get setup a calorie deficit of over 2,500cals per day.

However of the 24lb I lost, around 8lb is probably water, the balance was probably due to having put a few lbs on quite quickly, and I was happy to put myself on a Very low calorie diet.

I'll start properly exercising again in about a month, and will continue to lose 3-4lb of fat per week, but will add 1-2lb of muscle mass per week to it will reduce quite quickly.

LOL! No. You will not add 1-2 pounds of muscle mass per week. If you are a man, and if you eat at a caloric SURPLUS, and if you do progressive overload properly with perfect form then you MIGHT add 1- 1.5 pounds of muscle mass PER MONTH for your first year, and then it will decrease. There are such things as maximum genetic potential to consider.
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    If you have a baby, maybe! That's the only way I know how a woman can lose 15-20 pounds in 2 weeks.
  • action_figure
    Options
    Only if you give birth.

Heh. Even then it generally takes about six weeks for all the fluid shifting to work itself around. At least, that's been how it was for me.
  • cstclair1973
    Options
    snide comments on that you can't are best to be ignored...it is possible but like people have said..you have to burn about 2000 calories in exercise every single day and pretty much have no calorie intake...which itself is very unhealthy...if you were a VERY large person it is possible to lose that much because of a lot of water weight and your BMR would be extremely high...but it sounds as though you aren't that heavy to begin with...so a simple no is the proper answer....i burn about 1600 calories/day in cardio and eat about 1000 and my loss is only about 3 to 3.5 lbs/week
  • rachelboddy
    rachelboddy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    my daughters having a party in about 2 weeks, so i wanted 2 know if its possible to lose 15-20lbs by then? and if so, how?

Literally, Google "5lbs of fat" and look at the images. Do you honestly think you can lose four times that amount in two weeks?! Crazy, crazy thinking.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I think it is.. you watch that new show naked and afraid.. they do it all the time!

HA! that's the first thing I thought
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Buy hacksaw ... cut off left leg ... 20 lbs lost. In other words - NO! Realistically, in two weeks, you may be able to drop 4 lbs.
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Next time.....start earlier.....
    Ha
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    A++ for great planning and not procrastinating