Fitbit to MFP

Options
I don’t understand why some of my exercise cals don’t come over. Today I walked 5km and burned 637 at 8pm and 12km exercise bike burning around 400 (midday) and only the bike r has gone over. Any ideas?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What do you mean only the bike has "gone over"? Fitbit sync won't show individual activities, you'll just get an overall adjustment. These aren't techincally calories from any particular exercise session, it's just the total adjustment for the difference between the activity Fitbit detects you having done and the activity MFP estimated you would have done given the activity level you provided the site.
  • toadflaxbex
    toadflaxbex Posts: 55 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thanks yeah at that point I’d done the bike but then nothing else for the rest of the day. BUT at the end of the day Fitbit showed 1358 cals in and 3456 cals out 1098 left for the day. (At that point I was going to sleep!)

However MFP showed that I had a little under 250 left for the day. I’ve added screens shot so you can see.ydmf48drk5lk.jpeg
    fo9tzrkqachp.jpeg
  • toadflaxbex
    Options
    9ycytynl2x3x.jpeg
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Thanks yeah at that point I’d done that but extra so it went over but then nothing else for the rest of the day. BUT at the end of the day Fitbit showed 1358 cals in and 3456 cals out 1098 left for the day. (At that point I was going to sleep!)

However MFP showed that I had a little under 250 left for the day. I’ve added screens shot so you can see.

It sounds like you're experiencing the delayed sync issues that are a known issue right now. Did you see this update in the "Help" area? https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044075851-Fitbit-Issues-5-26
  • toadflaxbex
    Options
    Thanks so much it’s been bugging me for last couple days no knowing what to eat if any.

What would you suggest I do as Fitbit only kicked a load of calories in at the end of the day around 11.30pm. So yesterday it’s saying I was well over 1000 under eating. I have it set to sedantary as with kids at home atm I can only really throw some exercise in as and when so I let Fitbit/MFP calculate the rest.

Is it better to under eat or is that gonna screw me over? Thanks for your time x
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    When the Fitbit is delayed, I typically just eat the calories the next day or make a rough guess of what I'm due and go ahead and eat them that day.

I wouldn't undereat, that's not fun at all.
  • toadflaxbex
    Options
    Is it still recommended to eat half or all ? Been a while since I calories counted!
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Is it still recommended to eat half or all ? Been a while since I calories counted!

Some people begin with eating just a portion while they determine if their Fitbit is accurately estimating their calorie burn. If they find they are losing faster than expected, they can eat more of them. I personally find that my adjustments are accurate (I observed this by tracking my trend over time while eating 100% of my adjustments) and I eat all of them. It's up to you what you want to do, the important part is to pay attention to how your weight loss trends and then make the necessary adjustments.