KETO MIND & BODY (only SERIOUS members)

Keto friends and support

Replies

• sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    In my first week back into Keto. Had some health issues that interfered with keeping up with it all. Now I am in for the long haul of following Keto and losing all these pounds.
  • miz_ppyn
    miz_ppyn Posts: 118 Member
    first week in 2nd round. would love to have more keto friends
  • subratchie
    subratchie Posts: 2 Member
    Hi..I'm not new to Keto, I love it for Health weight brain health and well being. I have been very successful in the past..I fell off one Christmas, and have suffered for it..no more...back on since 1st June..excited about my Keto journey and restoring all round health and lack of hunger
  • aboykin1
    aboykin1 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I am new to keto, but I am getting on track after struggling with my bad habits for a month. Started around mid May, 2020. I have lost 7 lbs, so am not complaining. I can thank cutting down on sugar and eating fewer carbs for that.
    It takes 99 days to form a new habit (in my case; a lifestyle change). So I am not going to beat myself up about every little thing. Like daily weighting. I am going to tackle the problems as they arise; with my long time goals in focus. I am doing consuming 5% Net Carbs / 75% Fat / 20% Protein. I think I am finally in ketosis, Yea!!! I will post my progress. I have health issues that Keto should benefit. Though weight loss is always nice (I have that last 10-12lbs to lose to attain my ideal weight). But if this helps with my health, that is the number one priority. Good Luck to everyone.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    I've been keto now for 2 years. Lost 60lbs the first year, but ended up gaining about 30lbs since about Oct of last year. I've never fallen off the wagon, but too many cheat days/vacation weeks together and the weight just quickly piled back on.
    Keto is just my normal diet now with off days here and there.
    Feels like my body is refusing to lose like it did though. Even though diet has been on point, I've also started exercising and... I don't know. My body is fighting me tooth and nail this time and I'm not sure what to do.
    Thinking it's stress related bc I've just had A LOT of stress in my life that keeps building up and I'm sure that isn't helping anything.
    I now have about 60lbs give or take that I want to lose. I'd really like to lose 30 of that by the end of the year.
    I'll never give up, but I'm getting extremely frustrated.
  • hilariouslbc
    hilariouslbc Posts: 61 Member
    Hi Everyone.
    I know I always feel better I low carb & keto eating plans. I have about 60lbs to lose (I’m 5’2). I was down about 15 lbs between January and March. Then, lockdown compounded with some new medication that had me on crackers and ginger ale and contributed to a lack of motivation led me to gain it all back March-June. I’m excited to get back to working out and eating keto
  • jonathana12233
    jonathana12233 Posts: 1 Member
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    I've been keto now for 2 years. Lost 60lbs the first year, but ended up gaining about 30lbs since about Oct of last year. I've never fallen off the wagon, but too many cheat days/vacation weeks together and the weight just quickly piled back on.
    Feels like my body is refusing to lose like it did though. Even though diet has been on point, I've also started exercising and... I don't know. My body is fighting me tooth and nail this time and I'm not sure what to do.
    Thinking it's stress related bc I've just had A LOT of stress in my life that keeps building up and I'm sure that isn't helping anything.
    I now have about 60lbs give or take that I want to lose. I'd really like to lose 30 of that by the end of the year.

If you are having 'cheat days' like eating carbs or whatever (and a lot at that) if you are, you are messing with your body. I wouldn't recommend doing that if you are trying to go for sole keto. Since you are changing the way your body processes food from using insulin to ketones.
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    I did keto for 17 days back in March. I lost 10 pounds within those 17 days and my appetite was decreased. My sleep got better towards the end of the 16-17 point and my body felt detoxified.

I am on my 2and phase of Keto now - Day 3.
  • hilariouslbc
    hilariouslbc Posts: 61 Member
    What keto things do you eat when you feel sick to your stomach?

All the traditional stomach settlers I can think of are def not keto (crackers, ginger ale, vanilla ice cream).
  • LiLee2018
    What keto things do you eat when you feel sick to your stomach?

All the traditional stomach settlers I can think of are def not keto (crackers, ginger ale, vanilla ice cream).

If you're not strict, diet ginger ale. Also there are a few decent lower carb ice creams out there too.

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 wrote: »

If you are having 'cheat days' like eating carbs or whatever (and a lot at that) if you are, you are messing with your body. I wouldn't recommend doing that if you are trying to go for sole keto. Since you are changing the way your body processes food from using insulin to ketones.

I was having cheat days too often at the end of last year. Now (and before Oct of last year), it's.. maybe once a month if that much. I try to only have a cheat on planned days, but ya know, sometimes something comes up.
    I'm also insulin resistant too so when I do cheat, it usually takes at least a week for the bloat I gained to come back off. It's why I think I gained so much back so quick. There were a lot of unplanned trips last year and not enough time to recover in between each. It's all definitely been a learning experience for me.
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    New to Keto - doing great so far. 2nd month, and I'm down 10 lbs. LONG way to go. If anyone wants to add me as friend, please do - I could use support, and friends.

Thanks! I'm from the hill country of south Texas, ride a bike (my picture shows my bike), love to walk.
  • Sheri120994
    Sheri120994 Posts: 4 Member
    I’ve been doing Keto since March and I’m currently down 37lbs, still looking to lose a other 25-30lbs. Please feel free to add me, would be great to have people for accountability and support as I’ve been doing this alone.
  • moca138
    moca138 Posts: 1 Member
    I decided on keto because I had food allergy testing done and I'm trying to do gut healing. The doctor asked my goals and one of them was weight loss, so in addition to my allergies I have to avoid, he piled on carbs to the list. Sadly, dairy and eggs are my main allergies, so that's a bummer for keto. But I decided on keto since he wants me off carbs anyway. I saw someone mention "phase two". I'm just making recipes from a keto cookbook, but maybe I need to read books on it to make sure I'm doing it right. Any help for a newb?
  • kizzibillet
    kizzibillet Posts: 10 Member
    Keto friends and support

Hello.. how is eveybody doing
    Can you report?
  • kizzibillet
    I need SERIOUS FRENs
    Im sorty i took.so long to.reply... phone issueea
  • kizzibillet
    moca138 wrote: »
    I decided on keto because I had food allergy testing done and I'm trying to do gut healing. The doctor asked my goals and one of them was weight loss, so in addition to my allergies I have to avoid, he piled on carbs to the list. Sadly, dairy and eggs are my main allergies, so that's a bummer for keto. But I decided on keto since he wants me off carbs anyway. I saw someone mention "phase two". I'm just making recipes from a keto cookbook, but maybe I need to read books on it to make sure I'm doing it right. Any help for a newb?

Can you share you breakfast and lunch ideas
  • kizzibillet
    I’ve been doing Keto since March and I’m currently down 37lbs, still looking to lose a other 25-30lbs. Please feel free to add me, would be great to have people for accountability and support as I’ve been doing this alone.

Let is be friends ...HELP ME SO I CAN HELP YOU
  • kizzibillet
    New to Keto - doing great so far. 2nd month, and I'm down 10 lbs. LONG way to go. If anyone wants to add me as friend, please do - I could use support, and friends.

Thanks! I'm from the hill country of south Texas, ride a bike (my picture shows my bike), love to walk.

Lets help each other...TEXT ME ANYTIME
  • kizzibillet
    subratchie wrote: »
    Hi..I'm not new to Keto, I love it for Health weight brain health and well being. I have been very successful in the past..I fell off one Christmas, and have suffered for it..no more...back on since 1st June..excited about my Keto journey and restoring all round health and lack of hunger

I keep starting over
    I have cravings

How you get rid of that