Calories

Options
Hey everyone, What are your calorie goals? When I set my profile up I set it to lose 1.5lbs a week and I intentionally set it to a sedentary lifestyle so that I could count any activity without feeling like I was cheating. My calorie range is around 1500 calories without any activity. What are your feelings on tracking things like cleaning as activity? For me, I know cleaning isn't exercise but it is moments of activity that burns calories. Since I have my lifestyle set lower then what it really is I feel it is ok for me to keep track of Cleaning or actively playing with my kids since it already isn't built in through my lifestyle calorie count.

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Well, the only person you're cheating is yourself. If it's working for you, great. If not, change.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like daily activity "moments" are worth counting. That's just part of life. Cleaning my house and working out give me to very different heart rates. But for me, I wanted to increase my activity for my health and happiness, not just a deficit. Keep in mind, people over estimate activities in general and I just feel like this approach is opening you up to more error.