Vega chocolate protein and greens powder

holtcheree
holtcheree Posts: 10 Member
I am new to making protein shakes and smoothies. I just bought a container of vega plant based chocolate protein and greens powder. And I am looking for new recipes. This powder doesn't taste as good as I was hoping it would. So just looking for new things to mix it with or try. I also have a coconut protein powder if any one has any recipes they would like to share for that as well. Thank you!!!

Replies

• JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    I tried the chocolate and it was eh. I LOVE the vanilla on its own or with fruit smoothies.

Try using the chocolate up with frozen strawberries and bananas?
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    I don't use that brand because I personally find it over-priced, but I'm no help here either. I just mix protein powder with water and pour it right down the hatch. Lots of people talk about texture issues... not me... in the food hole it goes.
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    I love vega one! I add some cold coffee instead of water and blend it with ice. It comes out like a frozen mocha. I also like the mint chocolate one.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Another Vega user here. Even though I'm not vegan anymore, it's still my brand of preference. Amp up the flavor with carob or Camino's dark chocolate powder (or an equivalent brand).

I find adding vanilla helps with all Vega's flavors lol My fav is "natural" (because it allows for more flavoring flexibility and I can use it for baking) but their chai flavor wasn't so bad.