Hi there day 3 for me

Options
Hi everybody I’m Angela and ashamedly I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been in my life right now.
I am even struggling to
Walk my knees are in agony: I hate being so unfit.
My husband is so thin and we go abroad a lot, I love going on city breaks but it frustrates us both with me being so unfit.

I tried slimming world and just thought it gave me free reign to eat massive portions of free foods.

I previously lost 17 pounds years ago by using my fitness pal so
I have decided to try that again.

I have lost 2
Pounds in 3 days.

I’m not counting that as gospel as I know you’re not meant to weigh yourself every day but it’s giving me motivation.

My fitness pal is giving me 1490 calories a day to work with and I’ve started counting steps with my Apple Watch:

When lockdown started I thought I would use tHt time to try and work on myself and all I did was lie in bed and watch Netflix.
Here goes nothing.
Day 3.

Replies

• Lcball78
    Lcball78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am on day 3 also! We can do this! <3
  • scarletoharavintage
    scarletoharavintage Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there thanks for the friend request. I did the premium version of this to see what was different and finding it so helpful so far. How are you doing x
  • Lcball78
    Lcball78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there thanks for the friend request. I did the premium version of this to see what was different and finding it so helpful so far. How are you doing x

I was thinking about doing premium but I wanted to do the first month this way and see what results I can get.

What are you doing for exercise?
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Allow me to be one of the first to welcome you back to MFP. You can do this! Keep your focus and set a long term goal with mini goals along the way. :)
  • rhall331
    rhall331 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You got this!!! Ain’t no time like right now to get started!!
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've found that intermittent fasting really is working for me. 16/8 is the method that I am using and I've lost 12 in 17 days.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Rayjewls wrote: »
    I've found that intermittent fasting really is working for me. 16/8 is the method that I am using and I've lost 12 in 17 days.

While the method is valid if it helps people stick to their calorie goal, losing at nearly 5lbs per week is hardly something to brag about. If you're just starting, part of that is probably (hopefully) water weight. A consistent rate of 5lbs per week is way too fast to be healthy, 2lbs per week should be the maximum, and only for people who are very overweight.