Tracking/Logging Measurements Help

Options
JoDavo66
JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
I've recently found where to track measurements but the list is ;
Neck
Waist
Hips
I want to know if neck can be changed to chest/bust.
Can that be done & if so how?

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I don't think it can be changed, but there is nothing stopping you from tracking it with a spreadsheet or (gasp) piece of paper!

PS. If you are really brave, add a caliper pinch test. Not for the faint of heart!

Wishing you an overabundance of body positivity!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Good question. I once managed to add custom measurements. I'm not sure if this is still possible. But I'm super annoyed by this as I don't seem to be able to delete this. It doesn't matter in everyday live, but if I want to look at some charts, or edit weight measurements (typo) then it's a nuisance for me as there are something like 14 additional measurement options which are just in the way :s

btw, I found measurements over the breasts to be rather useless as the result varied a lot with room temperature :D
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the following on the web version rather than the phone app?

Home page / Check-in / Track Additional Measurements

I tracked:
    Neck
    Waist
    Chest
    Bicep
    Body Fat %
    Thigh

Personal experience was neck measurement was a waste of time as very hard to be consistent as my traps changed - "coke bottle shoulders".

Wish I had tracked calf muscle size - I'm a cyclist.

Progress photos are also good as measurements don't tell the whole picture e.g. chest measurement was the same but photo showed bigger lats and improved leanness.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I use the computer web version and not the app, though once you change it on the web version it will show up in the app (I changed mine to bust, waist, high waist for my muffin top, and hips).

Go to My Home - Check In - Track Additional Measurements. You should be able to delete existing entries and add a new one by typing a description in the box and clicking Add Measurement.

rfjls2pwyagt.png
  • kclittles
    kclittles Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did the same as Bmeadows380. I used the online version to remove the neck measurement and add thigh and upper arms for myself.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Thanks @sijomial @bmeadows380 @kclittles thanks. I'll have a look at the on-line version
    I totally agree with neck- unless you're monitoring your shirt collar size- which is meaningless to me as a female.
    Definitely was to add extra parts if I can.
    Do these carry over onto the app if you set it us on the website?
    Thank you.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    @JoDavo66 Yes; once you set them on the website and sync the app, they'll appear on your phone
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I stand corrected! Nice to learn something new.