Interval Training Apps

Options
Does anyone know of, or recommend, any good interval training apps out there for the iPhone? I am a runner and have been told it would be very beneficial to me to start doing interval training. I would love to hear any thoughts on the topic or any suggestions you may have.

Thanks!

Replies

• Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I use Second. I like it, lets me set the amount of intervals I want, time for warmup, highs, lows and cooldown

The free version has all the options except the one to save your workout, meaning I need to re enter the amount of intervals and time I want every time, which takes a minute anyways so I don't mind at all
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • alimay66
    alimay66 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use endomondo, works great on the iphone. there is a free version so you can try it out to see if you like it.
    You can set up your own interal workouts, and it also tracks your runs by GPS.
    There is also a website where you can check out all your workouts.
    www.endomondo.com
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! :)
  • dannyferris9
    Options
    For greater accuracy I would suggest a heart rate monitor with chest strap that connect to your phone with an app. For the iphone the Wahoo Blue is all you need. check out a review here http://myheartbeatmontor.com.

Remember the results are only achieved by using the thing in action, so find something you enjoy and keep at it, good luck.:smile: