Paleo Diet

Options
I am going to start the Whole30 next Saturday. It's basically a paleo diet.

Any tips for starting, sticking to, and maintaining this during and after the 30 days?

Replies

• StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Did you get the book? I found the shopping lists helpful the first few weeks. I think you can find them only in you don't have the book. As for sticking to eat, once you are past the first 30 - it's really easy. The things for me is, if I slip up - I feel it. The first time I had cheese -ugh, I felt lethargic, was bloated and cramps. Refined sugar gives me a headache, artificial sweeteners make me bloated and gassy. Gluten has the same effect on me as cheese. Not to say I can never have these things - but I know that if I do, I am risking feeling like crap afterwards.

Also, I didn't lose any weight when I started Paleo -- but I really felt so much better. I wasn't in need of losing much either so it wasn't an issue. My boyfriend on the other hand, needed to lose weight and has lost 25 lbs in the 90 or so days we've been eating this way. Once I got used to eating this way, I decided to cut some of the fat back a bit and of course I lost weight. My boyfriend on the other hand eats a TON of good fats and still loses, but he also does Cross Fit which burns an immense amount of calories.

Some of my favorite Paleo recipe sites are...

paleOMG.com
    nomnompaleo.com
    everydaypaleo.com
    paleoplan.com