Painful bumps from thighs rubbing together.

Options
2»

Replies

• manyasin
    manyasin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ahh, chub rub. The bane of my life, especially during summer. I've tried so many products but hate the idea of having to reapply talc or creams when I'm out during the day, so my go to is cycling shorts under whatever I'm wearing. Now there's a brand that's targeted towards women but they've also advertised with men wearing them, but you should look up Snag Tights. They have their own version of "chub rub shorts" that are made out of tights material, which means you can wear them under whatever you are wearing and won't see any waistbands, which is an issue I have with cycling shorts. The material is lightweight which is super helpful during the hot summer months. No one will know you are wearing them!
  • Toviathan
    Toviathan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have this same issue. Honestly even just everyday active walking around does it to me so I had to come up with a more permanent solution. I swapped all my underwear out for the compression short styled boxer briefs. I get them long enough to keep any part of my thighs from touching and haven't had an issue since.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Gold Bond (Medicated preferred).

If you move a lot during the day or workout boxer briefs also help keep everything in order.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Try A&D cream (diaper rash). It is much less expensive than cyclists chamois cream. Buy it in the baby section rather than the first aid section. It’s cheaper there, go figure. If A&D isn’t adequate, then try layering it with the more expensive chamois cream. That’s what I do on the bike.
    Also Gold Bond powder might be more effective than regular baby powder.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Get some Under Armor (or similar) boxer jocks in a 6 or 9" length.

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Rubbing thighs are AWFUL. The solution may be underwear shaped like bicycle shorts. Just search "long leg briefs men" and you'll find a zillion of them. As a lady with thunder thighs might I point out that you have no idea how many women are hiding bicycle shorts under their skirts.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,550 Member
    Options
    Body Glide. Worth its weight in gold. My chafing problem for a while was my bingo wings flapping around, and creating terrible rug burn under my arms. Solved the problem immediately.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    This is why I wear bike shorts in the summer. Short enough to keep me cooler in the summer heat but long enough that my chubby thighs aren’t rubbing against each other. That chaffing hurts! I worse short shorts one and never again!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Deodorant or cloth
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    For me I've tried a variety of things:
    Stick deodorant -works the best and I've only ever had to re apply once (after a 5KM run on a sweltering day)
    Anti thigh chaffing bands- can buy on amazon (I get the "no show" ones to wear under shorts/dresses
    Body glide- its okay but had to re apply more often.

To treat: breathable materials for underwear/pants (try and avoid say jeans on a hot day), rescue remedy cream for two nights after a shower and good dry.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I use something like Aquiphor or a good lotion to lube up and wear long, compression style shorts.
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I have found a solution that seems very promising. They're long-leg boxers made by Zonbaijon and sold on Amazon. Super comfy, and I went for a mile and a half walk this morning with my legs never once touching each other. Pretty great so far!
  • Hockey_Goalie
    Hockey_Goalie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what your talking about, the sweat and friction build up bacteria in your pores and give you those nasty ingrown hair type of pimples. Boxer briefs that have longer legs seem to help, and showering every day even if you haven't done to much. I seem to experience it less when I'm eating cleaner also.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I have found a solution that seems very promising. They're long-leg boxers made by Zonbaijon and sold on Amazon. Super comfy, and I went for a mile and a half walk this morning with my legs never once touching each other. Pretty great so far!

No apologies needed. we are always happy when the OP comes back to tell us what he/she tried and how it worked. Congratulations on finding a solution. Exercise is no fun when you are not comfortable.