Drinking 2 litres of green tea per day

Options
saynow111
saynow111 Posts: 125 Member
I love to drink green tea so I am from time to time I make a bottle 1 litre of green tea
But I heard fluids cause weight gain becoz it is physical matter you put in your body
And that indeed cause to me weight gain
So what to do drink or not to drink !!!!
I know kidney excrete excess fluids from body
But this process is a little slower that the speed of drinking
I heard that excretion normal person excrete 500 ml of fluids or 1litre may be
So if you drink 2 litres of fluid you faster than the kidney excrete out of body
So you gain weight !!!!
What is the optimum amount of fluids per day without gaining weight ????
Thank you dear 😊😊

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    "What is the optimum amount of fluids per day without gaining weight ????"

If I take this question at face value....the answer is zero.

Water weight does not equal fat. The number on the scale is rather meaningless that way.

More bad news - there will also be food in your digestive tract.

The bigger question is how many fluids should I take in to stay hydrated? As in being healthy. My health is far more important than an arbitrary weigh in.
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A rule of thumb is to drink 60 oz/1.75 liters of water/day, but there is not optimum because individual requirements for water vary, not just from person to person, but from day to day for each individual. Amount of exercise or lack of it effects how much is needed, as does one's physical condition and health.

Another rule of thumb is to drink enough water to maintain nearly clear urine. The darker the urine, the more water should be ingested. And remember to include water in foods other than liquids to the calculations.

Drinking excessive amounts of green tea has been linked liver and kidney problems, so consume in relative moderation.