TRT

Options
I am not on TRT but I am curious about those who are.
What made you go to the doctor and seek some help?
I mean symptoms wise?

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    You don’t want to hear this, but I had severe shingles pain, went to the Dr. he said hormones for menopause. I said what’s that got to do with shingles? I didn’t go back.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I am not on TRT. I have researched this issue. The primary symptom is lack of sex drive. Accompanying symptoms can be passivity, lack of energy and indecisiveness. I have had my T tested as a routine thing when I turned 65 for a baseline. All within good ranges.

Why do you ask? What is your specific situation?
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I am just curious because although I feel fine, there are many men my age who are using this. I just wondered what brought them to the doctor in the first place I guess.
  • Vegetadad
    Vegetadad Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I can give my experience if it's helpful. Message me.
  • mike5188
    mike5188 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on TRT - 53 YO male. Let me know if you would be interested in the whole reason, process, etc. and I can start a new thread.
  • Whydahdad71
    Whydahdad71 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    mike5188 wrote: »
    I'm on TRT - 53 YO male. Let me know if you would be interested in the whole reason, process, etc. and I can start a new thread.

Sure
  • Bsp120167
    Bsp120167 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My effects have all been positive. Have to watch your hematocrit and estrogen but they can be easily managed
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    If your test levels are above 300 you aren't a candidate. Potential prostate enlargement and hair loss. I looked into it but test was 450 so no go. Test used to be 900 but it didn't matter, they wouldn't do it