Vegetarian

Options
Anyone give me some low carb veggie meals please ??? That would be sooo helpful keep eating the same stuff over again x

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Beans and eggs? Honestly that sounds like no fun at all.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Even beans aren't that low carb unless they are black soybeans, although if low carb just means lower than 30 or 40% they would fit in.

I guess eggs, limited amounts of greek yogurt and cottage cheese, plus seitan, tofu, edamame, tempeh, and various meat subs (but all of those could start adding up pretty quick but for the seitan, at least if you are trying to do something like keto). Some nuts and seeds, but again the carbs add up, and then lots of non starchy veg (especially the lowest cal ones). Cheese and oils/butter.

I would find it very difficult, although some do it. The more I rely on sources of protein other than meat and eggs, the higher carb my days tend to be (not high carb, but certainly not very low carb).
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    How low carb? I made a lentil stew, but it had carrots. I guess you could leave them out...https://mealthy.com/recipes/1167/moroccan-lentil-and-cauliflower-stew
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    🤷 That's why I asked how low...I've heard of vegan keto, not sure if this is what OP is referring to???
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Extra firm tofu. When you come home from store put the package as is straight into the freezer overnight. Move to fridge next day. Mine takes about 4 days to defrost in fridge. Once defrosted, squeeze gently over sink from all different angles. Water will pour out. These steps make the consistency of the tofu the best. Cube tofu. Heat pan with some oil. Fry tofu over med high heat. Add sprinkling of ramen noodle oriental flavor packet. Saute until golden about 10 minutes. Meanwhile microwave asian veggies or steam broccoli. If you calories you can make ramen noodles with it but o like it with just tofu and veggies. Reheats good.