When did you notice a difference

mc62412
mc62412 Posts: 195 Member
Hello everyone. I’m down 16 pounds as of this morning. Started April 12 2020. What point did you all see a difference. 👀

Replies

• mc62412
    Maybe 20-25 lbs? Progress pictures help a lot, it takes awhile to notice it in the mirror

I am going to do the picture idea. I’m hoping I’ll be able to see a difference. Nothing crazy yet but my clothes fit better they’re not loose yet but they fit like they should
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,758 Member
    Hm, I think it was around the 10-15 lbs mark for me (small change). Or I might have been looking at myself with rose-tinted glasses from knowing I had lost weight, lol.
  • mc62412
    Onward continues the progress ! Lol I’m excited to be back to where I used to be. I’m almost to my first mini goal which was set at 7% of The weight where I started. I’m 3.3 pounds away ! 💪🏼
    When you guys set your goal how did you do it. I have an ultimate goal I’d like to reach. But I’m going to break it into small mini goals so it’s not too overwhelming. And so I feel good when I reach a mini goal.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    mc62412 wrote: »
    Onward continues the progress ! Lol I’m excited to be back to where I used to be. I’m almost to my first mini goal which was set at 7% of The weight where I started. I’m 3.3 pounds away ! 💪🏼
    When you guys set your goal how did you do it. I have an ultimate goal I’d like to reach. But I’m going to break it into small mini goals so it’s not too overwhelming. And so I feel good when I reach a mini goal.

I'm doing the same thing. Breaking my weight loss into smaller goals. First goal get under 200 lbs. 2nd to 180 that puts be in the overweight category based off my BMI. 3rd 160, less than what's stated on my drivers licesnse, and so on.

I'm about 5 lbs from my first goal. It feels so close, and so far away.

Lots of good luck!
  • mc62412
    harper16 wrote: »

I'm doing the same thing. Breaking my weight loss into smaller goals. First goal get under 200 lbs. 2nd to 180 that puts be in the overweight category based off my BMI. 3rd 160, less than what's stated on my drivers licesnse, and so on.

I'm about 5 lbs from my first goal. It feels so close, and so far away.

Lots of good luck!

I know right ! It’s so soooooo close lol. Good luck to you too
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    After about a month or so. Definitely recommend taking a lot of pictures so you can see your progress that way. I also got a layout app so I could do like side/side. Helps keep me motivated.
    Keep up the great work btw that's awesome
    My heaviest was 350lbs and I've been able to lose 140, another 20-30 for me then I'll see where I need to go from there
  • jjsavoh
    jjsavoh Posts: 135 Member
    At least after a month. I noticed early differences in how I felt which kept driving me forward. And while I do mirror checks more than I should. Monthly photos take in the same place, same pose(s), and under the same light helped. Time of day when I do that being in the morning before eating anything of course.
  • mc62412
    larryc251 wrote: »
    After about a month or so. Definitely recommend taking a lot of pictures so you can see your progress that way. I also got a layout app so I could do like side/side. Helps keep me motivated.
    Keep up the great work btw that's awesome
    My heaviest was 350lbs and I've been able to lose 140, another 20-30 for me then I'll see where I need to go from there

Wow. 140 that’s awesome. Good job ! It’s not always easy. My heaviest was 297. But this time around I started I was at 290. Currently at 273. My final goal would be 160/170 if I can do it !
  • mc62412
    I had a family member send me a picture. I was sitting at that point. I was only down 10 pounds. Jesus...a picture is worth 1000 words huh. But I’m going the right direction so hopefully I’ll be able to look back at it and say wow I made a great change. And for the better
  • rhall331
    rhall331 Posts: 21 Member
    I find it helpful to take mirror pics and progress pics monthly! When I started out this year it took a full month before I started to notice a dip in the scale but I did notice the way my body felt different and the way my clothes were starting to loosen up. When there isn’t a scale victory it’s important to remember that it’s not all in the numbers. It’s a long road and there will be peaks and valleys but sticking to it is so worth it! Plus pictures can keep you accountable to yourself, it’s a way to check in with your body and your mind and gauge that connection...of something isn’t working tweak it, don’t be afraid to change up routines and make sure to practice self care! Strengthen that mind and the body will follow!

Congrats on your weight loss so far! You’re doing great :)
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Fortunately and unfortunately, I hold my weight well, so no one would have guessed I weighed what I did at my heaviest. That meant, however, that it took about 40 lbs gone before you could really start seeing the difference.

I've been losing consistently again since January, but its only been recently that people have started commenting, and I'm down around 30 to 40 lbs since then.
  • mc62412
    I had my first comment today ! Lol. It made me feel good to know that the work is starting to show. Down 18.7 as of this morning.
  • melissatwill
    melissatwill Posts: 246 Member
    It’s hard for me to tell on my own. I usually notice it more the way clothes fit; as opposed to how I actually look. With that being said, I generally notice it in my face first.

When I gain weight I tend to gain proportionally everywhere. So when I lose it; I lose a little everywhere & it’s a little hard for me to tell; others usually notice it before I do.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member

I set my goals even smaller. My goal is today. I want to get through today as happy as is reasonable and stay in a calorie deficit. I do not concern myself with the fraction of a pound that I will lose today. It will show up on the scale eventually and that is a bonus prize of living a healthier life.

I can only live right now so I am better off being present. Wasting mental energy on yesterday or tomorrow just makes today harder. Since I am not promised a tomorrow I am better off not delaying my pursuit of living a happy and satisfying life until some number appears on the scale.

Tomorrow belongs to tomorrow's version of me. The plan today is to try to hand him a body in slightly better health to build on. If I make a mistake today and that doesn't happen I trust he will do better.

I am not saying my approach is correct for everyone but it has worked for me for over 2 years and resulted in a substantial drop in weight.

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Oh and to answer the original question... the first place I noticed weight loss was in my feet after a couple of weeks. Weight loss can be pretty annoying that way. The area that has the most fat will get attention from the travelling fat vacuum but so will random other spots. For a time my hands were at different sizes...
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    Appreciate the little things. For example, it's easier now to carry the kitty litter. My wedding ring is lose and needs a new ring guard on it. My arms hang straighter at the sides. ...
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Hello everyone. I’m down 16 pounds as of this morning. Started April 12 2020. What point did you all see a difference. 👀

I think noticing depends on the weight you have to lose. If you only have 20 lbs to lose you will notice it sooner, but if you have a substantial amount you will notice it later. So without knowing your goals its hard to say, but 100 lbs to lose you probably wont notice it until 25-40 percent is lost. IMO. I am not a dr. I just know that for me it has been more noticeable when I have less to lose.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    For me I don't have a ton of weight to drop compared to some- 30 lbs.
    I noticed after I dropped the first ten: I have only 1 chin now, my arms are smaller vs before. I always drop weight in my face and arms first for whatever reason. Also my collarbones are more prominent and rings are sliding easy.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    I only seriously noticed in the last few weeks. I mean, I noticed my dress size dropping but it suddenly fell off my face and neck so when I look in the mirror it's a whole new face. I'm not done yet, lots of flab still and I might need to adjust my goal to shrink it down enough but, I can see a fair bit has come off.
  • rrferreira7
    rrferreira7 Posts: 4 Member
    I really began seeing a difference once I started taking some progress pictures, monitoring my body fat levels with an app, besides eating and exercising. I think we need to adopt these practices so as to hold ourselves accountable, making it much easier for us to achieve our goals. Instead of focusing on setting goals, I've been more focused on developing systems that will help me reach those goals.