Fear holding me back

Options
I've been overweight my whole life, I've lost and gained.
I always give in after a while for some reason. But I think I've figured it out.
I'm afraid to lose all the weight needed because I'm scared I'll fail and put it all back on again.
Hopefully now that I've realised this I can sort myself out.

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    One's own perceptions of self can and do weigh heavy. If family were always saying your a big girl as mine was, this was Emphsised by my younger sister being stick thin brings in others expectation of one's self too. I lost 8 stone a few years back. I'd been working towards half my highest weight(set to 2 lb a week. In this time I changed so much I was aprehensive for how gaunt i could end up looking. I hardly knew myself and gave myself time for my new "self-image" to become my normal this is not necessarily a good idea. I did gain one stone but have kept it to this.

You are being brave wrighting as you have, this shows you want to do this. Using the guided set up seeing how your present eating holds up against the different food groups is very helpful. If there are foods you have you can add them to the long list or use items from the list ensuring they are correct. Should you have a recepie you love of your own you can add this in one of your food functions, even giving it portions.

While doing this build a group of similar minded friends around you to support and share your frustrations. You could well find people responding to you on this thread who have so much in comon with yourself. Wishig you all the very best as you start out with the support of mfp.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight my whole life, I've lost and gained.
    I always give in after a while for some reason. But I think I've figured it out.
    I'm afraid to lose all the weight needed because I'm scared I'll fail and put it all back on again.
    Hopefully now that I've realised this I can sort myself out.

I wouldn't assume there is just one thing that has caused you to fail. There may be a theme involved like fear or, in my case, a belief that weight loss should be hard/harsh, but it may result in a variety of unhelpful actions. You will likely need to address the mechanics of your daily plan not just how you feel overall.