Anyone use mirror results over the scale?

Options
Hey all. I was just wondering if anyone ditched their scale or rarely use it . I know it’s a
N important tool to monitor progress but I know there’s other people like me who are really hard on themselves when it comes to seeing a number on the scale. Especially at the start of another journey to losing weight when you are truly not happy with yourself.

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I use the mirror and measuring tape as additional tools to view my progress, but not the only ones.

I had a similar experience with my scale and seeing the number earlier, but I was able to invest in a smart scale and that helped a lot. I have the Fitbit Aria scale but there are plenty of other options as well. Basically I hop on the scale every morning, don't even look at the number, and go on about my day. The scale sends my weigh-in results automatically to my Fitbit account, and I can choose whether and when I want to look at them. By doing this, there's significantly less anxiety of "ugh I really don't want to deal with my weight and the number this morning, it's gonna be bad anyways", but I still get the data so I can review trends etc. if and when I want to.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    Kinda. I'm more interested in the feedback I get from the mirror. I still weigh myself, but since I started lifting heavy, my original goal weight isn't my goal weight anymore. I don't know what my goal weight is, but I'll know it when I see it in the mirror.
  • Brandon1992
    Brandon1992 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    I use the mirror and measuring tape as additional tools to view my progress, but not the only ones.

I had a similar experience with my scale and seeing the number earlier, but I was able to invest in a smart scale and that helped a lot. I have the Fitbit Aria scale but there are plenty of other options as well. Basically I hop on the scale every morning, don't even look at the number, and go on about my day. The scale sends my weigh-in results automatically to my Fitbit account, and I can choose whether and when I want to look at them. By doing this, there's significantly less anxiety of "ugh I really don't want to deal with my weight and the number this morning, it's gonna be bad anyways", but I still get the data so I can review trends etc. if and when I want to.

Ahhh I actually have a smart scale too . I like this idea . I don’t want to see what I weigh this month but the data seems pretty cool like you said . I think I’m going to try this
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I ditched the scale since I use it to see what my trend is (if I'm gaining, losing or maintaining) however the actual number doesn't mean much to me as I use the mirror more often to track progress. I usually compare it to my body composition in the past and see where I stand and what I have to do.

I would actually love to be heavier with better body composition so the mirror will help with that and tell me when I get to goal.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I'm trying. I haven't weighed in a couple of weeks. I may use the scale again at some point but I was in a pretty tiring cycle with it that I am trying to distance myself from. So far so good!
  • Brandon1992
    Brandon1992 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm trying. I haven't weighed in a couple of weeks. I may use the scale again at some point but I was in a pretty tiring cycle with it that I am trying to distance myself from. So far so good!

Absolutely, like everything in life sometimes you just need a mental break from things.

sardelsa wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I ditched the scale since I use it to see what my trend is (if I'm gaining, losing or maintaining) however the actual number doesn't mean much to me as I use the mirror more often to track progress. I usually compare it to my body composition in the past and see where I stand and what I have to do.

I would actually love to be heavier with better body composition so the mirror will help with that and tell me when I get to goal.

absolutely ! That’s always the goal! More muscle less fat. Whatever you are doing seems to be working phenomenal for you tho! Keep it up