Has the weight loss prediction been accurate for you?

Options
funsizedchick
funsizedchick Posts: 6
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
when it says that "if everyday were like today, you would weigh...." I'm kind of skeptical about it.:noway:

Replies

• mrsgrimsdale
    Options
    The thing is every day isn't like the one in the prediction, well not for me any-way. one prediction says I will be down to X in 5 weeks and another says Y depending on my calorie intake and exercise, I suppose its possible to try and average it out, but I can't be bothered.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    No, I would have reached my goal a long time ago...it keeps dangling that low weight in front of me like a carrot! Guess what, everyday IS like today and yet I'm NOT the weight you promised. They need to revamp that IMO!
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, i seemed to be losing weight even faster than what it predicted, but now that I only have 5 pounds to lose, I'm having a seriously hard time getting them off.
  • funsizedchick
    Options
    lol, yeah It said I would lose 30 pounds in 5 weeks. i don't think that's possible because i'm 143 right now
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Mine have been coming off faster than predicted for the most part, when I'm bang on with my calories.
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Best advice: Never look at that thing. Ever. I glance at it occasionally and wonder why it is even there. Best to weigh yourself, take photos, and measurements. For me, photos blow my mind -- seeing how much I changed even if numbers didn't go down much.
  • adiostrasero
    adiostrasero Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

No.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's not a prediciton. Your body isnt a robot. I never close out my diary so I never see it.

If you find it a motivator (or a kick up the behind) then fine, but it's not a crystal ball.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I haven't really tracked what it said in order to evaluate its accuracy; however, my days fluctuate with one day way under and another slightly over, and another right on target, so each day is not the same. I target being within goal for the week.
  • sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Options
    No, because I know that its wrong. Recently it said that if every day were like today, i'd be 11 pounds less, in around 3-5 weeks. I don't really think it's ever that accurate though. It just kinda bothers me, when I do use myfitnesspal.
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Started off being faster then predicted however after a few months is started tracking it i would go forward 5 weeks in my calendar and it write it down and it no longer is correct
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    NONONONONONONO........
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Trouble is, that message says "if EVERYDAY were like today, you would weigh xyz lbs in 5 weeks", not "regardless of what you do, how much you cheat, and how many times you blow off the gym, you will weight xyz lbs in 5 weeks".

I'm pretty damn sure the predictor is accurate, if everyday were like that day.

In fact, I'm gonna make a huge effort to find out what happens if EVERYDAY I eat around 1880 cals (+/-60), burn 500+ exercise calories and hit my macros.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    ROFL...The thing is not even close to correct but that is OK. It can provide some positive feedback.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    nonono_zps78d7a5c7.gif
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I never took it seriously although it was a wake up call when it would show me gaining weight because I'd eaten heavily that day.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    ROFL...The thing is not even close to correct but that is OK. It can provide some positive feedback.

Yeah, I don't put any stock into the actual "prediction" factor. But I like that the number is always lower than where I am that day. It's like it's saying, "Hey, good job today! Just look where you're headed!" Then I just ignore the time frame part.
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm all about dem gainz.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Hail no.
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I think it is a motivator to keep people on track, It is showing what is possible , However it is not accurate.
This discussion has been closed.