New!

Options
Nlc920
Nlc920 Posts: 37 Member
Hi all! So I'm not new to MFP, in fact I've used it on and off for quite a long time. I'm also a registered dietitian with a really good knowledge base in all things nutrition, and have counseled many people on making lifestyle changes to become healthier and lose weight.

That being said - I struggle with weight myself, especially since having 2 kiddos within 2 years, and having both Hashimoto's and Graves disease. I decided to join WW back in December, and while I've had some success (13 lbs), I find it really difficult to stick to. I 100% know that what you put into this journey is what you're going to get out - so I know that some of my lack of success is on me.

At this point, it's kind of grating on me the way the point system is set up for WW (I'm on the blue plan). I'm considering canceling my WW membership (digital only) since MFP is free, and also because it's cheaper to use the premium MFP than WW.

I'd love to hear success stories of those who have switched from WW to MFP only!

Thanks for reading!

CW: 194.1 lbs
GW: 145 lbs.

Replies

• 42nca62ncj
    42nca62ncj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I think we can talk and encourage one another. I am an experienced WW success story. In 2005 I lost weight with friends using the WW program. I weighed 184 and achieved and maintained my goal 143 almost constantly. Daily weighing kept me disciplined through many life challenges. That being said, I am addicted to mindless eating under stress. This pandemic plus scary health challenges and deaths of three dearly loved family members broke my control. I am still self isolated with my 82 year old husband. I need help setting up my nutrient table. Please direct me because my efforts messed it up. I need sugar on there. I am a pre -diabetic and have been for years.
  • Nlc920
    Nlc920 Posts: 37 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @42nca62ncj first of all, I'm so sorry for the losses of your loved ones. Regarding your nutrient table on MFP - I'm currently subscribed to the premium version, so depending on if you have the basic or premium option will determine what you'll be able to see on your dash board. With the premium version, you do have the option to see your current, total, and remaining carb/sugar intake. You certainly don't have to use the premium option to get back on track though. In general, as a pre-diabetic, I'd encourage you to eat carbs with a good amount of fiber, alongside protein consistently throughout the day to help keep your blood sugar in check.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    42nca62ncj wrote: »
    Hi! I think we can talk and encourage one another. I am an experienced WW success story. In 2005 I lost weight with friends using the WW program. I weighed 184 and achieved and maintained my goal 143 almost constantly. Daily weighing kept me disciplined through many life challenges. That being said, I am addicted to mindless eating under stress. This pandemic plus scary health challenges and deaths of three dearly loved family members broke my control. I am still self isolated with my 82 year old husband. I need help setting up my nutrient table. Please direct me because my efforts messed it up. I need sugar on there. I am a pre -diabetic and have been for years.

To change what nutrients you view on the FOOD page, if you are on the web version go to Settings from your FOOD page and you can change the Columns by clicking on the little dropdown arrows.