Very slow weight loss

Options
Hi all,

I have been on here for a while - since July last year. My weight loss has been extremely slow throughout (I have lost a total of 26 lbs, eating 1200 calories per day). I really would love to hurry up the weight loss if possible. I weigh myself once a month and there have been months where I've stuck to my calories, weighing everything out and making sure I've not gone over, and only lost one pound. I admit I didn't exercise at all, until April this year. But even then the weight loss has continued to be slow (2 lbs lost last month).

Perhaps I'm not working out as hard as I should be but it's extremely frustrating to see others lose 2 lbs a week so easily while for me, a 2 lb loss in a month is a good month! What am I doing wrong? All I can think about lately is calories and fat, and getting the weight off me.

Also, I'm near my goal weight now but body fat is extremely high so I still look extremely overweight. Sadly, my weight tends to accumulate around my middle which makes things so much worse. This is perhaps due to my complete lack of exercise but what can I do now to lower it? Any recommendations would be much appreciated! Thanks :smile:

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I run marathons and AT BEST lose 3 pounds a month (usually less). My base calorie allowance is also 1200 (plus exercise). So I assure you, slow loss is not purely a function of how much or how hard you’re working out.

If you’re very close to goal and aren’t happy with your body shape/appearance, @kimnyc72 has the best prescription. Is strength training an option for you? And by “option” I mean everything from desire to lockdown/quarantine gym availability to cost, etc. That will make the most noticeable change in how your body looks (in terms of fat/“toned”).