Sodium Weight Gain

Options
So I was stuck having A LOT more sodium yesterday than usual, even drank extra water to help... and I gained!! Will the sodium and extra water leave me soon? I gained 2 pounds when I weighed in today (drank a gallon and a half instead of my usual gallon).

Replies

• ashleyp35
    ashleyp35 Posts: 53
    Options
    Give yourself a couple of days. It will go away. I believe it is normal. Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, and that is why I now track sodium
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    So I was stuck having A LOT more sodium yesterday than usual, even drank extra water to help... and I gained!! Will the sodium and extra water leave me soon? I gained 2 pounds when I weighed in today (drank a gallon and a half instead of my usual gallon).

This just happend to me last week/weekend....got to keep drinkin lots of water in in a few days it will flush out your system.
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    It does go away. I ate horrible the other week and ended up over 2500mg of sodium. Just drink water and limit the sodium.
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Keep flushing it out with lots of water and watch your sodium intake and those 2lbs. should be gone within 2 or 3 days. I would recommend tracking your sodium intake for a while to get a feel for how much you normally intake-you'd be surprised! I can always guarantee a gain the next day if I have a random day of eating more sodium than normal.