Fitbit steps/exercise not syncing to MFP

Options
HaleCry
HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
I’ve had this app for years and never had this problem for so long. Restarted with MFP on Monday and my mum started too, but from the get go our fitbit steps/exercise aren’t syncing. We have to keep disconnecting and connecting the app again which takes a while and is very annoying. And even after doing this the steps work but the exercise calories aren’t going up for my mum. This is her first time and she’s very into it but is getting disheartened by all this. Is anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• mrslj2008
    mrslj2008 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am. I cant disconnect my fitbit for some reason. Im new do don't know every im doing either 🤦‍♀️
  • OsrisOnyx
    OsrisOnyx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    mrslj2008 wrote: »
    I am. I cant disconnect my fitbit for some reason. Im new do don't know every im doing either 🤦‍♀️

Disconnecting the fitbit use the actually site to do it
  • bbcasa75
    bbcasa75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Need help in syncing my Fitbit steps to Exercise data.
  • monksey1959
    monksey1959 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem which is really annoying me now and tried everything
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    HaleCry wrote: »
    I’ve had this app for years and never had this problem for so long. Restarted with MFP on Monday and my mum started too, but from the get go our fitbit steps/exercise aren’t syncing. We have to keep disconnecting and connecting the app again which takes a while and is very annoying. And even after doing this the steps work but the exercise calories aren’t going up for my mum. This is her first time and she’s very into it but is getting disheartened by all this. Is anyone else having this problem?

Didn't see it mentioned yet.

Fitbit chose not to send workouts to MFP for logging.

They of course send the correct total daily burn figure (TDEE) which contains the workout calories in it, and after MFP does math they give you a Fitbit adjustment that includes them and any increased daily activity.

So they are there for the calories where it's needed.

For friends list to see the workouts - just make a wall post with more interesting details to inspire others, than a simple description 1 liner with calorie burn.

Also - when MFP has issues like this - your method is discouraged - because prior sync transactions are in a queue waiting to be applied to your account - but since you disconnected and reconnected they are orphans and the servers waste more time dealing with them then - delaying a catchup for longer.

I recall 1 time in the past people had gotten so bad at redoing the disconnect/connect process so many times in a row - they disabled the function, everything caught up in 3-4 hrs, and it was done. That was years ago, so much worse now for the so many more users likely doing it.
  • ashleen377
    ashleen377 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting three days and still no exercise points, despite my fitbit saying I've burned way more. I had this problem once before maybe a year or two ago, but it didn't take this long for them to fix the bug. Don't know what to do, but it is disheartening.
  • sfninerfan2
    sfninerfan2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m having the same problem. It says it is connected to my Fitbit, but the steps are not there on MyFitnessPal. It’s been around 4-5 days and I’ve sent emails but nothing is working. It is very frustrating!!
  • rhinotracey
    rhinotracey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same problem steps won't sync. I have tried everything. Disconnecting connecting turning off and on. No luck
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    For everyone not aware this is not troubleshooting forum with MFP tech support, merely member comments.

And some steps don't really help the situation specifically or in general.
    https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045064472-Scheduled-Maintenance-on-Step-Tracking-6-25

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044563091

These reoccurring issues are most frequently affecting our integration with Fitbit, causing a backlog of sync requests, which is resulting in no or delayed data sync. At this time, we do not recommend unlinking and relinking Fitbit with MyFitnessPal, as this will increase the number of backlogged sync requests lengthening recovery time, and could potentially result in any unsynced data being lost.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Same problem steps won't sync. I have tried everything. Disconnecting connecting turning off and on. No luck

MFP is specifically asking that people not disconnect and reconnect right now.
  • waterhg
    waterhg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mine's back working again now after a week or so of not syncing. Hopefully they're clearing the backlog 👍