Dirty Bulk

Options
Hello everyone, I am a 5’11 Male who currently weighs 137 lbs! I want to gain another 20 lbs. I started when I weighed 115 lbs. But due to the lockdown I’m unable to hit the gym. I was wondering if I could still keep a 500 calorie surplus, a bit of dirty bulk and just do basic dumbbell exercises. Do you think that’s harmful or should I just go for it? Even if I gain a bit of fat, I can cut later?
Thanks

Replies

• saurabhdadhich26
    saurabhdadhich26 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. My routine comprises of Lateral Raise, Shoulder press, Squats, Lunges, Split Squats, Hammer, Curls, Dips, Push ups.
    What other alternatives would you recommend? Also, if I gain fat, it wouldn’t necessarily be a paunch. I don’t mind getting it on my arms or anywhere else for that matter. Please reply :)
  • sheena_shewell
    sheena_shewell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you're not lifting heavy you're unlikely to make any gains from the bulk as the weights you are using are too light so you're more likely to gain fat mass rather than muscle especially if it's a dirty bulk. If you do want to gain mass I'd suggest upping your protein and lifting heavier increasing the weight each week then doing a cut after. If you have a limited weight range in weights you may struggle.