Struggling to focus

Options
7 years ago I joined MFP to lose weight. I ended up losing 60lbs.

7 years forward and here I am again trying to lose that 60lbs again plus some. I had a baby 2 years ago and got married a year ago. My husband is supportive but not jumping on the wagon and doesnt make choices that help me from not cheating on eating healthier. I know I cant make excuses anymore. I need some friends who could help support me. I want to lose 15lbs by my little ones 2nd birthday in August. I know I can do it. Tomorrow is a fresh day. Just need some support from others doing the same thing and to build my confidence back up.

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

I’m still going to say these things: none of us can help build your confidence for you, it’s up to you alone. We can only cheer you on. Your life and lifestyle don’t start happening tomorrow, they start right now. No need to have a fresh day, although that still happens every day :) you can totally do this.

All that said, I’m kinda on the same boat. My first wedding anniversary is August 31st, and I’d like to be lighter than on my wedding day. My husband is also very supportive but he’s also one of the people who lost weight during lockdown, so he’s enjoying eating lots of treats. He still shares the need to make our meals together healthier and practice better portion control, which helps a lot.