Syncing Fitbit

Options
I just can not connect my Fitbit to log my steps and exercise any idea why

Replies

• MrsReidxox
    MrsReidxox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. Everything seems to be connected but it's just not syncing!
  • cherylstash
    cherylstash Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too. It did one day. I don’t know what I did differently. I’ve tried reconnecting the two. I’ve tried restarting my Fitbit. Nothing works. Very disappointing. Does anyone know how to enter steps manually into MFP?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Me too. It did one day. I don’t know what I did differently. I’ve tried reconnecting the two. I’ve tried restarting my Fitbit. Nothing works. Very disappointing. Does anyone know how to enter steps manually into MFP?

Given that some of your steps are going to be part of the activity MFP already assumes you're doing as part of daily life, this seems like a somewhat risky workaround.
  • jhudson892
    jhudson892 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It is a current issue recognized in the Technical Support MFP Community section.
  • monksey1959
    monksey1959 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When are they actually going to sort this out
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Did you actually read it? There is no time given for resolution - it's been an issue since 6/5.

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044563091-Extended-Sync-Server-and-Fitbit-Issues-Starting-6-5
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    MFP hasn't synced with my Misfit Shine II for two days (June 18 and 19 as of 1:45pm EST) and the MFP app knows it - says I've synced successfully when I force it (under More) but then admits it hasn't synced for 2 days.... I've been in and out of the app several times each day, reading articles. Was syncing fine June 17, just the usual little lag. But by the time I've read something, it has updated properly until yesterday.

UPDATE: 1:55pm EST June 19 just finally synced to update steps for yesterday and today. So the fix is apparently to post about it...