Fitbit exercise/step calories

Options
nmgu
nmgu Posts: 31 Member
Ok so yesterday I ate 3,000 kCals. However I also spend (according to my Fitbit) 273 minutes with my heart rate elevated and took 11,000 steps. The caloric adjustment from all this says I was still under by 900+ calories. This seems...odd.

I also took some anxiety meds that caused me to be SUPER hyper and munchy, if that affects anything.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,203 Member
    Options
    Was it being active that caused the increased heart rate (the steps, other exercise or job activity or whatever), and registered calorie burn? If so, it may be correct. If the anxiety or the medication elevated your heart rate, rather than activity, then a heart-rate-based tracker might overestimate your calorie burn.

If you were in fact really active, and especially if you have MFP set on sedentary, a large but accurate calorie adjustment isn't necessarily unreasonable.

Why does it seem odd to you? Was it similar activity to your usual day, but lots more calories, or something like that? Or are you new at this, and it just seems like a big number?

3900 calories burned in a day is high for a woman, on average, but not impossible if tall/larger, pretty active that day, or some combination of things like that. (I can hit 2500 or more sometimes, and I'm a not-so-big li'l ol' lady. ;) ).