Batch recipies?

Options
I can eat the same dinner for a few weeks without issue. Though eventually, I do like to change it up. On Sunday I cook up my dinners for the rest of the week. For the last two weeks, I've eaten my half-assed chicken and lentil curry. But now I'm looking for something else.

Do you have any recipes that are both have a good amount of protein and sit at around 600 calories?

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/g23508318/high-protein-meals/

Some nice variety here from the standard grilled chicken breast and broccoli meals.

To get the calories right, I usually create the recipe in the MyFitnessPal recipe builder (with the recommended amount of servings it says on the webpage) before I even go to the grocery store, but ingredients, start cooking etc. I see how many calories per serving it has; if it’s a smaller meal than I want, I divide it into fewer servings. If it’s a more-caloric meal than I wanted, I divide it into more servings instead. Basically, I can make almost any recipe fit with what my calorie goals are; I just play around with the serving sizes til it matches my target calories and how big a portion I want.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    Boef bourguignon. If you want extra protein have your accompanying starch in the form of tinned canelli beans which I think will make a nice combination.