4th Week Slump - HELP!

Options
Bazzie0088
Bazzie0088 Posts: 7
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
So I am in my 4th week of exercising everyday and eating within my calorie range, and the scale is definitely moving down, but I feel like my motivation is just gone, and I am afraid I will give up and go eat a donut (or 3). EEK! NO!! I don't see any changes physically yet, and I know that it takes a while to actually see it, but it is so hard to keep going! Its like I have a little voice inside my head telling me to stop worrying about food and exercise and just do what I want... AKA be lazy and chow down.

Has anyone been through this before? How have you gotten through it successfully? I am sure it will get better, and that soon I will begin to see the results I have been working so hard for, but until then, how do I stay positive and motivated? I would welcome any advice! :D

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your plan is but is it possible that you have a hard time keeping up with it because you've made it too hard on yourself? You don't have to work out everyday and you can have a donut. You have to make your plan something you can stick to for a long period of time. If you make it so hard that you burn out you'll never reach your goal. It's ok to take days off of dieting and exercising to live a little. We all need to do that to keep our sanity. It's really OK. It may take you a little bit longer to reach your goal if you eat more calories here and there and take a few days off from working out but you'll still reach your goal.
  • kimberpossible
    kimberpossible Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your plan is but is it possible that you have a hard time keeping up with it because you've made it too hard on yourself? You don't have to work out everyday and you can have a donut. You have to make your plan something you can stick to for a long period of time. If you make it so hard that you burn out you'll never reach your goal. It's ok to take days off of dieting and exercising to live a little. We all need to do that to keep our sanity. It's really OK. It may take you a little bit longer to reach your goal if you eat more calories here and there and take a few days off from working out but you'll still reach your goal.

great advice! I need to keep this in mind too. :)
  • Amy_Andrews
    Options
    I agree. Your body needs a rest day and a cheat meal! Then get right back in there.
This discussion has been closed.