Just Starting

Options
Melissa, 48
SW: 240
CW: 237
BMI: 34

Goals: just get started and figure out what will work best for me and what all the acronyms mean πŸ€”. I want to make slow sustainable progress and not be in pain. I am really uncomfortable in my body right now. It's difficult to tie my shoes. Self esteem is mostly ok, though. I just wear slip on shoes 😁. I have a very loving mate. He's supportive, but not motivating, if that makes sense? We are total foodies and craft beer enthusiasts. So are our best friends. So, I have that social challenge. I have a pretty high stress job at a government agency. Three kids, youngest is in high school.
I am pretty good about food tracking but terrible about exercise. In 6 yeas I've gone from highly active and fit to current state and my body hurts all the time (I suspect fibromyalgia). My knees are totally shot. A lot of exercises look overwhelming to me, so I'm having a hard time just getting started. I bought an elliptical a few weeks ago. I've used it 4 it 5 times. It's incredibly depressing to only be able to do 10 minutes without nearly passing out given what I used to be able to accomplish (I was a zumba freak, lol). I also plan to start yoga once Amazon delivers my mat. Apparently, they are hot commodities right now πŸ˜€. Anyway, that's where I am today.

Replies

• haywardjessica38
    haywardjessica38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am new here.
    I hate exercise as I suffer from panic attacks and that feeling of being out of breath freaks me out!
    This losing weight stuff definitely gets harder as you get older!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Being a foodie and loving craft beer is where you need to start. Trust me, my husband and I are foodies, travelers.. and love champagne and are cocktail drinkers. The only thing that works for me is to not drink for a few weeks..then I only drink a portioned amount on the weekends in the evening. I also eat two meals off my diet on the weekends. This has worked for me. I lost all my weight doing it. The thought of eating out and having my favorite cocktails kept me on point all week. I walk for exercise and I love it. I suggest that.. you can walk..use music. I bet your aches and pains will clear up with a great diet, loss of weight..and some movement. You can do it.