What activity level should i set mfp

Options
Hello everyone I have my Apple Watch linked to my app and for 13,000 steps it will give me 12 cal earned should I be setting my activity level to moderate or active I’m not sure what steps amount would equal sedentary moderately active or very active! Thanks for any input. Apple Watch does add in calories burned for workouts.

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Royce284 wrote: »
    Hello everyone I have my Apple Watch linked to my app and for 13,000 steps it will give me 12 cal earned should I be setting my activity level to moderate or active I’m not sure what steps amount would equal sedentary moderately active or very active! Thanks for any input. Apple Watch does add in calories burned for workouts.

Apple Health does not link correctly with MFP. It does not transfer over the correct number of calories. There is an app called Pacer that I use that interfaces between them the right way.

If the Apple watch is linked correctly and you are not burning calories that it cannot detect then you can set your activity for sedentary. This is how I have set mine. The only time I ran into trouble was a week off of work where I did a lot of physically demanding house projects which resulted in me not eating enough.

With all that said the best plan is to pick a lane and stick to it for about 6 weeks. As long as you do not feel fatigued try to be consistent and then see if your actual weight results match your intended rate of loss. If it does not you can adjust your settings. Keep in mind that the first week of weight loss may have some water weight losses in it so that week may need to be excluded.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,730 Member
    Options
    13k corresponds to within very active in MFP terms if all the steps get translated directly into a single activity setting.

If I had an apple watch I would probably unlink everything, then link apple to pacer, then pacer to MFP, with me set as sedentary or lightly active on mfp for planning purposes

The linking is based on getting sane numbers. The rest is preferences