I've gained 17 pounds since February!! AAAhhhhhhhhh!

Options
I knew I was gaining weight. With the Stay at Home order and a kiddo with asthma, we have been home pretty much nonstop since March 13th. I have been afraid to step on the scale as I have been eating the days away. :( I already had been gaining back the weight I lost to begin with. Well, today is the first day of the rest of my life I guess. I just need to STOP the mindless eating/snacking etc..Thanks for listening!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you're not alone! Set reasonable goals, and work toward them. Don't give up when you mess up. Good luck!
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    When at home, it might help to try putting all foods away, particularly putting snacks out of sight and in harder to reach spots that you actively need to work to go to. That tends to be part of what pushes the mindless snacking when stuck at home, beyond just the stress reactions.
    It can also help to use measuring and logging as a moment to consider if what you're about to have is genuinely worth it.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You and almost every American ... so you're not alone. That's why we all are here. Misery loves company.. we can all get the weight off..!!!