Bad nurse: gained weight!

Options
NurseStacy7777
NurseStacy7777 Posts: 1 Member
Hey everyone. I’m nurse Stacy. I feel like I tell my patients all day to eat healthy and exercise but have not followed my own advice. Now I’m walking 3-5 miles 6 days a week and eating better. I’ve lost weight but have a lot more to go. I would love to have a community of positive people that support each other.

Replies

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,720 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP Community. :flowerforyou:
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    You're not a "bad" nurse for this, Stacy. Do consider being kinder to yourself. You know...like you are with your patients! Kudos on your progress so far. Keep going!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Nursing is very difficult! Don’t beat yourself up. I work as a PA, long shifts, a lot of stress, no time to pee or drink water. It is hard to find motivation to exercise when you are exhausted. Try to always prepare and bring food from home. No pot luck food or take out. That’s the main thing that will help on shift imo. Don’t go all shift without eating because it will lead to binging. Also, eat healthy snacks so you never feel you are starving.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    You're not a "bad" nurse for this, Stacy. Do consider being kinder to yourself. You know...like you are with your patients! Kudos on your progress so far. Keep going!

Yep, this. If it's not something you would say to your patients (whether overweight or not), why would you say it to yourself?? I know it's hard, but self-love/care goes a long way.

Welcome to the community. Don't worry, we may be mouthy, but we don't bite. <3
  • flynntrader
    flynntrader Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bad nurse got me excited.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Bad nurse got me excited.

Lol Men......

Stacy, you're fine. Really. You're acting on it and making changes. You ARE and WILL BE the role model for your patients. AND you are human. :)