How do you handle PMS?

218Beth
218Beth Posts: 34 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
How do you handle PMS cravings? I wanted a loaded burger (cheese, bacon, etc) and settled for a single with lettuce, tomato and ketchup. And onion rings,. :blushing: A personal favorite. And a pepsi from the vending machine to go with it.

I'll handle the calories. And I know I'm sort of sabotaging myself with that meal. But I've been craving sugar and fat the last 24 hours.

Replies

• I know the feeling. I crave dark chocolat with marzipan filling.

My nutritionist said it's okay to have the most simple burger mcDonalds makes with a salad.
    Only bread, 100%beef and no cheese or sauce except for ketchup.
    And not on a daily basis off course. Only when desperate. :-)
  • 218Beth
    218Beth Posts: 34 Member
    Yeah, I'll probably be eating salad for dinner. Or a Lean Cuisine.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    You can still have a burger, just make it at home...that is what I do now since I love them during that time. I also make french fries in my air fryer.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    I give in.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Like an adult.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Like an adult.

You mean like an adult man, TyTy. lol
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    I plan for it... I have pretty predictable cravings, and I know I just need to drink extra water to compensate for the sodium intake.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    I usually try to preoccupy myself with something else to do (preferably far away from any food source). Though last month I failed miserably with that. But the next day I chalked it up to a bad day and just got right back into my diet. It's one day at a time, you can't beat yourself up for a one-day failure, because it is just that - one day. This journey will last a lifetime. One day, once a month is insignificant in the long run.

If you're afraid of going on a horrible binge (1500-2000 calories more) instead of just an overindulgence, enlist a friend to help keep you accountable. Go on a walk with her, go shopping or do something together that doesn't involve food. Good luck :o)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    How do you handle PMS cravings? I wanted a loaded burger (cheese, bacon, etc) and settled for a single with lettuce, tomato and ketchup. And onion rings,. :blushing: A personal favorite. And a pepsi from the vending machine to go with it.

I'll handle the calories. And I know I'm sort of sabotaging myself with that meal. But I've been craving sugar and fat the last 24 hours.

I know what you mean....last night I couldn't get enough sweet. Sweet for me is 1/2 peach (T2D) and 4 oz greek yogurt with SF preserves, which is ALOT for me all at once....I started with the peach but it wasn't enough, then had the yogurt.
    I kinda KNEW it was a little much at the time, but surprisingly didn't care.

This morning...bam....shark week :grumble:

I'm not complaining as the alternative at almost 46 would just be awkward and offputting :huh: but sheesh. I used to get tender boobies & cramps as a warning but these days, nothin' but not-to-be-denied sweet cravings :blushing:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Typically, I'll have a beer. I'll get my wife a bottle of red and some chocolate.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    I give my PMS cravings exactly what they want... I find they surrender quietly that way
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    I say, "Yes, dear."
  • I find I allow myself one treat a day, and make up for it with more exercise or smaller meals. If I don't do that, I just can't handle it and binge!
  • Billsfansj
    Billsfansj Posts: 15 Member
    Avoiding people who have it
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Typically, I'll have a beer. I'll get my wife a bottle of red and some chocolate.

Smart man
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    If the burger and onion rings fit into your calories, don't worry about it. Cals in vs cals out. That is all.
  • WisiPls
    WisiPls Posts: 359
    I get a new girlfriend

1240588892_julia_roberts_and_clive_owen.gif
  • level26
    level26 Posts: 27
    I allow myself one candy bar each month for the time. If not I'd be on the news. :mad:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    I cave in to the cravings to a modest degree. I believe that the deprivation technique just leads me to binge. But if I know carbs aren't "off limits", then when I crave them at PMS time I eat them in moderation, because I know I can have more later.
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    i kill people...works every time...
This discussion has been closed.