Newbie here!

Options
Lisau2
Lisau2 Posts: 4 Member
Hello everyone! My name is Lisa, and I’ve been doing IF for two weeks. It’s going pretty well, but I’m sorely lacking in exercise! I normally swim, but my health club is closed and I need help and motivation to start walking! I’m looking for support! Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I find putting in the headphones and listening to the music of my high school days really helps with walking. For me, that's the oldies. Good rhythms that change with each song so I can mix up my pace with the changes.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I love swimming too but I doubt I'll be back in the pool this year :-(. so my exercise of choice now is also walking. For me what has proved key is listening to audio books. Only just discovered that and it's a HUGE revelation. All of my life I have hated listening to things but apparently I can do books if I'm walking. Part way through 24 hours worth of the history of the Roman Empire (a subject I knew nothing about previously). I'm making my husband watch Spartacus tonight (neither of us have seen it) to indulge my new fascination.

I'll send you a friend request - feel free to accept if you want a walking buddy but be warned, I don't log my walks on MFP (because thanks to being in strict lockdown it's the only movement I get so I'm just considering it as my normal daily activity)
  • melsy61
    melsy61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I’ve just started too, good luck on your journey xx