Recipe calculator?

I made some blueberry muffins today and would now like to figure how many calories are in each one. Is there some tool on MFP that I am missing that will allow me to enter the ingredients and the number of servings it produced and figure precisely the calories?

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Yes there is a recipe calculator. In the menu go to recipes, meals, and foods. Then create a recipe. Just be very careful which entries you use!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    I find it easier to set the recipe at “1 serving” when I set it up. Then later I can go in and use, for example, .25 servings if I eat three of those 12 muffins.

It means you only have to do the math once, and don’t get bogged down into a fraction of a teaspoon or an egg. Makes entering items much faster.

It’s also easier and more accurate to enter in metric.

I do wish there were a way to copy recipes, since I often tweak them, or do variations on things like muffins, but would like to refer back to the original recipe. Wish there was an area for notes, too, so I could simply mark it 45 min @350. I’ve started putting that in the recipe title.

If I’m tweaking a recipe for muffins, I might edit to remove the chocolate chips I added last week and add in the chopped apple I’m using this week. It’s a bit of a nuisance but still faster than reentering a whole recipe.
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    I find it easier to set the recipe at “1 serving” when I set it up. Then later I can go in and use, for example, .25 servings if I eat three of those 12 muffins.

It means you only have to do the math once, and don’t get bogged down into a fraction of a teaspoon or an egg. Makes entering items much faster.

I do wish there were a way to copy recipes, since I often tweak them, or do variations on things like muffins, but would like to refer back to the original recipe. Wish there was an area for notes, too, so I could simply mark it 45 min @350. I’ve started putting that in the recipe title.

If I’m tweaking a recipe for muffins, I might edit to remove the chocolate chips I added last week and add in the chopped apple I’m using this week. It’s a bit of a nuisance but still faster than reentering a whole recipe.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I entered it and took your advise about the one serving thing. They're 178 cal. each so I think I'm going to go eat another one!
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Yes there is a recipe calculator. In the menu go to recipes, meals, and foods. Then create a recipe. Just be very careful which entries you use!

Than you so much! I found it!
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 978 Member

It's recent and may only be on the the website version, but you can now copy your recipes and create a Version 2.