My slow cooker Turkey Chilli - 322 cals per serving

Options
VpinkLotus
VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
This is the only chilli I make anymore. SO easy. SO amazing.

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds lean ground Turkey 93/7
2 onions, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans(15.5 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can(14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
1 can(8 ounces) no-salt-added tomato sauce
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt

Serves 6

Directions

Combine all ingredients into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours. How easy is THAT? 322 cals per serving!

I serve it with mini corn muffins which would obviously be more cals.

Replies

• BrookieTrout626
    BrookieTrout626 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sounds great however what exactly is the serving size? :) And you just dump raw ground turkey in there? You don't have to brown it first? Thanks
  • VpinkLotus
    Options
    yes, raw ground turkey. I put it on the bottom and mush it up a bit. Then after and add the rest I mix it all up together. Serving size I am not sure of. I just make it and divide it by 6.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I love turkey chili. mine is only 204 calories per serving though. I don't put beans in mine. I hate beans. Yours looks great though, sans the beans. ;) And I always sautee my onions, garlic, tomatoes, etc in olive oil separately before I combine the ground turkey.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Really dumb question, but could this be done with a Dutch oven instead of the slow cooker?
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    Dutch oven would work perfectly...looks like I'm making chili tonight!!!

Slow cookers are helpful if you want to leave the pot unattended all day and come home from work and have dinner ready.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Looks easy and delish. Thanks for sharing. Will try it next time I am in the mood to have chili.
  • kns6374
    kns6374 Posts: 29
    Options
    I really LOVE chili, thanks for sharing!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I love turkey chili. mine is only 204 calories per serving though. I don't put beans in mine. I hate beans. Yours looks great though, sans the beans. ;) And I always sautee my onions, garlic, tomatoes, etc in olive oil separately before I combine the ground turkey.

What's your recipe? I also hate beans with a passion.
  • VpinkLotus
    Options
    I think a dutch oven would work but i am just not sure of cooking times for that.