Grandmothers on a mission

Options
I have been working hard to lose weight for my 2 granddaughters. It's been tough as I am an emotional eater and the pandemic has been a great hurdle. However, for the past month, i have been following both Noom and my fitness pal, the Beck strategies and reading a lot of books sich as Bright Line Eating and the Skinny. I have been exercising more. My motivation is fueled by concerns about my 2 granddaughters who are both only 3 years. The world they are growing into us very challenging and they need every support they can get.
I would like ti hear from other grandmothers or anyone who are motivated to be at their optimum weight fir their chikdren ir grandchildren's sake. Men ate welcome also!

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You can do this and I’m sure your granddaughters well benefit in more ways that one to have a healthy Grandma in their lives. I’m here for my littlest child, too.

Not to be dismissive of my husband who I adore or my other 4 kids (yes, I have 5 children- 20 years old to 2 years old), but my little one requires a lot of extra support as he has a global development delay and I’m determined to be here as long as I can so I can protect him as long as I can.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I log in every day.

• RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I got my weight under control to reverse some health problems my obesity was causing and to be a good example to my son. That was 6+ years ago and I’ve been able to maintain a healthy weight ever since. I think it’s fantastic that you are motivated to improve your health for the sake of your loved ones! <3 Friend request sent! :)
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the initiative to make positive changes. I am a GiGi to three. I am not actively working to lose weight but I have spent the last seven years working to be be stronger and healthier. You're welcome to friend me if you like.